Shock Replacement Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
titanjc

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fox recommends a rebuild at 50k even if you are driving 100% on road. I’m not against rebuilding since it’s the most economical option, but the stories of leaking rebuilt shocks definitely make me a little leery.

I really can’t tell if the ride has changed much to be honest, it’s one of those things where if you use it every day the change is so incremental it’s not noticeable.

Tony Andrews

Reaction score
Currently having my 2013 Fox shocks rebuilt at 100k. Just began to notice a difference in ride quality. Truck has always been a pavement queen and has always been babied. Don't know what it really means but wanted to share.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently having my 2013 Fox shocks rebuilt at 100k. Just began to notice a difference in ride quality. Truck has always been a pavement queen and has always been babied. Don't know what it really means but wanted to share.
Yeah I would not rebuild them unless ride quality is deteriorated or they are leaky

Last edited:

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they had to be rebuilt at 50k for a mall cruiser, I would think they would be destroyed after 25K on an off roader?

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems unreasonable to me to rebuild shocks at 50k, regardless of what fox says, I wouldn’t toss out that much money before I noticed something detrimental or got to higher mileage, I would think something like 100k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That seems unreasonable to me to rebuild shocks at 50k, regardless of what fox says, I wouldn’t toss out that much money before I noticed something detrimental or got to higher mileage, I would think something like 100k

I've never had OEM shocks last more than 50k. Usually they're complete junk. So getting an actual performance shock that lasts 50k? I'm happy.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had OEM shocks last more than 50k. Usually they're complete junk. So getting an actual performance shock that lasts 50k? I'm happy.

I have a 2004 X3 ( manual trans) with 148k miles and original shocks , they are as good as new. I have probably owned over 20 cars and only HAD TO replace shocks on one, and I bought that used.