Shock recalibration after collar lift or new coil spring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Legacy32

Reaction score
So I have been seeing a lot of talk about recalibration of the shocks after you install a 1-1/2" collar lift (or any lift for that matter) but geiser says the re-calibration is not needed when you install their coils that lift the truck? What would be different from installing a coil with a higher spring rate and increasing the factory spring pre-load with a collar to lift the truck level?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Legacy32

Reaction score
Not needed but recommended.
So the truck doesn't recalibrate after start-up like Geiser states? Just trying to make sure I understand everything. I ended up ordering a collar and it should arrive soon so I want to have all my work planned and ready. Not sure I trust these Houston dealers to calibrate it correctly (if its needed)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info that is still relevant in this thread.

OP
OP
L

Legacy32

Reaction score
The VDM will not calibrate itself. It’s just like the 2019-2020 models. When you make a change to the suspension you have to re calibrate it.
Ok great Thank you. I assume the procedure posted below would be the same for my 2021 raptor? Looks like you beat me to it...

Last edited:

BLJ

Reaction score
I had installed icon collars a couple years ago on my 2019. After recalibrating via forscan besides the ride height may change a bit will any "feel" change like a little softer or stiffer? TIA