Shock rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have three pre-paid services left. Has anyone convinced the dealer to service them according to Fox’s recommended interval? I don’t see any recommended service interval from Ford.
It’s because Ford dealership don’t/doesn’t service them. You will have to send them to Fox or have it done via 3rd party vendor.

If the shock is defective then a Ford dealership will replace the entire unit, otherwise they are like brakes/rotors, etc., and are serviced accordingly.

Have you ever gotten a dealership to replace your brake pads/rotors (assuming normal wear and tear) under warranty?

eSos55555

Reaction score
Chicagoland/Wisconsin Area — Ed Ingram/Ingram Motorsports. Ed is a great guy and rebuilt my Gen 2 Shocks. Had them back within 2 days. 80k miles

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Has anyone rebuilt the shocks themselves? Can you get the seals?

I sent mine to Hammer. Didn't want to screw it up myself. If I had watched someone who knows what they are doing do it a time or two, then maybe I might give it a go.

BTW, these links are for Gen 1 parts. Wasn't sure which year you were talking about.

aaron1085

Reaction score
Alright let me just ask …

I have a 2019. 100% road usage with 43k miles on it. Do I seriously need to rebuild my entire suspension?

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. They should be rebuilt pretty soon,if not already. you will feel a noticeable/regained improvement. They’re performance shocks that are rebuildable and perform at a high level. Unlike regular parts with a low performing level/longer lasting.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know of a rebuilder in Canada? Preferably BC/AB/SK/MB

Fox's website doesn't seem to show Canada.