Shock rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cooper Howe

Reaction score
Recently bought a 17’ raptor with 55k miles on it, is there a specific mileage when the shocks should be rebuilt?

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this also for the live valve shocks and if there is a different interval between them.

I will say that for solutions outside a rebuild, it appears that a place or two offers an exchange program in which they will send you rebuilt shocks and you have 30 days or so to send your old ones back in. Might be a good option if someone competent to rebuild your shocks isn't local to you.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a 17’ raptor with 55k miles on it, is there a specific mileage when the shocks should be rebuilt?
i would probably start looking into it now. im not sure of the gen 2, but gen 1 was suggested at 60k with mild to no offroad. much sooner if you drive offroad like me......

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very unlikely that they pay for shock rebuilds. On every other rig out there, shocks are expected to last 100,000 plus miles. If you off-road your Raptor a fair amount, you could be needing shock rebuilds every 10,000...

Everything about owning a Raptor is expensive. The parts and upgrades run 3X what they do for other trucks, I wouldn't hold my breath for a break from the warranty folks at the dealer LOL....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this something that the ESP or prepaid maintenance plan will pay for? The maintenance plan specifically lists shocks.

Maybe. From that Fox website: "* FOX does not provide this service for Raptor Shocks during the Ford Motor Company vehicle warranty coverage period."

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, a simple phone call to the dealer service writers will clear this up...

My bet is that you'll be treated like an imbecile for even asking. If you tell them that you've been off-roading your Raptor and then show them the chart from Fox saying that you need a rebuild, I bet they use it as an excuse to say that your driving of the vehicle falls outside "normal use" and then they try to void your warranty.

Last edited: