Shock Rebuild Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My exchange set should be in tomorrow from Forged of Road, as of now I have high expectations. I should have them on thursday or friday depending on snow in the area and will see from there.. Ill post up what I think and how I feel about the ride in the long run.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with Forged. It has only been a couple hundred miles, but the entire experience was great!

Sent from my Raptor using Tapatalk.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Add my truck to this list, except I don't think I made it 7k miles. Same shop and they kept over half of my deposit without explanation or invoice. Then when I asked they said things were wore out, just you know shock things.... Anyone have issues with GJ Motorsports, might use them on the next set? Thanks.

I used GJ and so far so good. They didn’t hold any of my deposit either. So far I have around 8500 miles on mine. No leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok i had my truck serviced and checked by KHC in South Brunswick....all was smooth until the shock inspection and checking pressure...17k miles 95% on road normal driving....front driver side shock had 120psi from 220, front passenger shock at 210, both rear shocks are at 150psi both leaking.....only ONE out of 4 was ok. WTF....what a major waste of money. The work was done by shock rebuilders in CA though the exchange program last June at the final cost of $840 after the exchange. AT this point i will drive the truck until the shocks will turn into total shit and invest into FOX 3.0s.....

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the fox recommended checks at 10,000 miles? Just curious. If I’m understanding correctly, nitrogen pressures dropping can cause leaking seals and other issues.

Sent from my Raptor using Tapatalk.

D

Deleted member 12951

Has anyone tried having Fox rebuilt their shocks I'm sure it would be done right?

Truck Suspension Service | FOX

That is what I am going to do whenever my 3.0's need to be rebuilt. I've heard the wait is rather long so be prepared to have something to put on your truck unless you can leave it parked for awhile.

Unfortunately ICON no longer rebuild shocks. I used someone on ICON's approved service centers and had issues, so mileage will vary.

I did have my front 3.0 shocks a year ago rebuilt by TPM Racing in San Antonio. Steve-O there was absolutely awesome and that would be the only other place I would trust other than the vendor but only because I personally have been there, met Steve-O and waited for the shocks to be rebuilt. He let me use his shop and tools to remove the shocks, he and another worker rebuilt them and then we put them back on all before the evening of Raptoberfest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is what I am going to do whenever my 3.0's need to be rebuilt. I've heard the wait is rather long so be prepared to have something to put on your truck unless you can leave it parked for awhile.

Unfortunately ICON no longer rebuild shocks. I used someone on ICON's approved service centers and had issues, so mileage will vary.

I did have my front 3.0 shocks a year ago rebuilt by TPM Racing in San Antonio. Steve-O there was absolutely awesome and that would be the only other place I would trust other than the vendor but only because I personally have been there, met Steve-O and waited for the shocks to be rebuilt. He let me use his shop and tools to remove the shocks, he and another worker rebuilt them and then we put them back on all before the evening of Raptoberfest.

When I had fox rebuild my old 3.0 and add the DSC it was about 4 weeks turn around time.
I thought that was reasonable.

This time I went with Kings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: