Shock Rebuild Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are seeing a lot more failures because every yahoo out there who said they could rebuild the shocks cheap are using cheap parts and don't really have the experience yet still charge a lot of money...

Established shops out there who have been doing this for a while and using genuine Fox parts are not having these issues.

I counted 2 established shops with failures in this thread....

What kind of support have they received from these shops?

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list, about 7k street queen miles and my front passenger is leaking. Mine were done by werebuildshocks.com. I also checked the nitrogen psi with a no leak gauge and they all measured 215psi fully decompressed.

I also tried to contact the builder and they never got back to me.

tilltheend

Reaction score
Add me to the list, about 7k street queen miles and my front passenger is leaking. Mine were done by werebuildshocks.com. I also checked the nitrogen psi with a no leak gauge and they all measured 215psi fully decompressed.

I also tried to contact the builder and they never got back to me.

Add my truck to this list, except I don't think I made it 7k miles. Same shop and they kept over half of my deposit without explanation or invoice. Then when I asked they said things were wore out, just you know shock things.... Anyone have issues with GJ Motorsports, might use them on the next set? Thanks.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
man am i glad i never went through those dudes.

i saw the issues building. leaking is a no joy situation, rebuilding with new seals is the road you all need to go back down.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On Wednesday I am going to KHC in New Brunswick to get the plugs changed and check the nitrogen pressure. Curious to see what the deal is. I had my shocks done through the exchange program. The truck still rides good but not as good as when the shocks were fresh. Put 17k miles since most of them on the street.

OP
OP
Bulletnjm

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to state i have only had one bad experience with one shop, i am not speaking for all rebuild services. I am not here to step on toes or make enemies i just feel as if i was taken advantage of, and i do not want to see other people put in the same position. I PERSONALLY feel that the best option is just buying new from Ford.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I would like to state i have only had one bad experience with one shop, i am not speaking for all rebuild services. I am not here to step on toes or make enemies i just feel as if i was taken advantage of, and i do not want to see other people put in the same position. I PERSONALLY feel that the best option is just buying new from Ford.

For what Ford wants for new, I can sell you some 3.0's for a decent price. Then you can come back out to TRR and try them out since you had such a great time. :)

ICLOSEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking about good and bad. What exchange program does have support and is willing to do the right work?

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add my truck to this list, except I don't think I made it 7k miles. Same shop and they kept over half of my deposit without explanation or invoice. Then when I asked they said things were wore out, just you know shock things.... Anyone have issues with GJ Motorsports, might use them on the next set? Thanks.

We have taken over werebuildshocks and would like to make this right. Please email [email protected]