Shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j2k

Reaction score
I swapped out my wheels today and noticed that my front shocks have some rubber near the top that looks like it's run its course. I don't know much at all about these shocks, so I was just looking for an opinion or two on what, if anything needed to be done. Is this normal wear and tear for a 2014 Screw? The truck has 63k street miles and I'm sure it's probably time for a rebuild, but the truck rides just fine to me.IMG_6916.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't seen that bad of cracking myself, but if you are going to remove the shocks, either send them out for a rebuild or put new ones in place.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are your bump stops. If you never off road the truck they are probably fine. They won't effect anything, they are just a semi compressible sleeve that rides over the shock shaft.

If you bottom out your front end you could do some pretty serious damage though.

OP
OP
j2k

j2k

Reaction score
^^ Thank you. I appreciate the information. I didn't even know there were bump stops built into the front shocks. Learn something new everyday....