Shipping/Tax Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
While attempting to check out on an order this evening, I was presented with the following error after entering shipping address, selecting shipping method and payment information:

"We cannot ship to this address because it requires sales tax paid separately to state and city governments. We comply with state-administered taxes nationwide but we do not have the capacity to file city tax returns in places where we have no physical presence."

Is there any way around this or can I not do business with your company? I do not have an alternate shipping address and I'm not tax exempt.

RockAuto

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way around Colorado's "home rule" tax regulations. It simply is not possible for us to file over 72 tax returns for just one state. We have been attempting to work with the law makers in your state to hopefully help them realize their antiquated tax collection is not viable in today's economy.

Thank You!
RockAuto.com

LForward1

Reaction score
It seems to me you have no way around this but anyway write here how this situation will end. In general, for all questions related to taxes, I contact only qualified tax experts. I manage a logistics company and a couple of times there were unpleasant situations when we made some mistakes with the calculation of taxes. Because of this, we lost quite a large amount of money. So I decided to turn to the best tax experts in the city. Now I can rest because I understand that I have the most competent professionals working for me at all times.

Last edited: