Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Shifting into Drive

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by policedutchdog, Sep 3, 2020.

1. GooseTuned

GooseTuned Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks man!

2. policedutchdog

policedutchdog Member

Just a quick up date. Picked up the truck this afternoon and the Ford dealer was able reset the pcm/tcm and update the new shifting software. I guess the sequence involved is temperature sensitive so they had do it twice before it was all set. Now she works and shifts perfect. Thank you all for the assistance. Love the forum for all its help and information.

RaptorDawgMatt likes this.
  3. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

I was leaving a local brewery tonight ( No judgment, I was only buying for future consumption! ) jumped in, started truck, and pretty quickly went park to drive. It was decidedly not smooth. Idle was fairly low, and the truck was still warm, only down about 10 minutes, but normally I warm up the truck remotely.

If I can break out my tablet I’ll fire up FORSCAN and make use of it.

4. RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt Member

How did you do the reset?

5. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

I've noticed a long delay when going from reverse to drive and vice versa. Like a couple of seconds sometimes. I wonder if it's the same problem. I don't hit the gas until I feel the tranny engage, but I bet if I did hit it early it would bang when it finally engaged. I'll have to try it and see. It would be nice to fix it if I can. I figured it was just a byproduct of all the damn computers and thus normal operation.

6. Klay23

Klay23 Member

I’ve had a little bit of this as well. Happened twice in the last month. Pretty violent but seems like no ill affects at the moment. I do have an appointment to see the transmission guy at Ford Thursday to check it out though.

mine were as I was pulling into a spot and over shot it a foot or so and was just backing up that foot. Really hard shifts going into reverse. Shook the truck

7. RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt Member

Just got my truck back after 4 days at my local dealer. The transmission valve body had to be replaced. Seems to shift well now.