Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m a fan of Rotella oils but I haven’t tried the gas truck oil yet since it’s relatively new in Canada.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I saw a UOA somewhere and it indicated that it was a somewhat average oil. Try it and let us know how you like it.

I used Rotella T6 5w40 multi vehicle in my Raptor and its a great oil.

AF23D8D6-D14C-427C-BA63-70C74BF30817.jpeg

UOA indicates it’s a great option for the 3.5 and you can max it out at about 6500 miles. I prefer to use 5000 mile OCI.

Raptor Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 F 250 7.3 turbo....Rotella 15w-40 every change 240,000 miles Knock on wood no problems but not trying in the Raptor

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T6 is a diesel oil. Not sure if cats like t6
I've run it forever in my BMWs, seems to be very common to use in high performance gas cars. Dunno if it has additives that mess with cats, but I haven't seen any issues yet. Not running it in my raptor only because I'm being careful to run exactly the recommended oil weight because of warranty + phasers.

alcoolaid

Reaction score
I used T6 5w40 before. Used gas truck 5w30 on the last two oil changes. No complaints. Oil consumption is low as well but my truck barely burns any oil...

Will continue to use it.

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
I prefer high quality high performance synthetic lubricants and prefer Red Line. Royal Purple is also a quality option. I was involved in NASCAR and AHDRA drag bike racing. The only lubricants used by race teams was Red Line, a big reason was high thermal stability and also superior lubricating properties. I've been using it in all my vehicles for 30 years no issues.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
something to think about is cold pour in the winter.... some of these are poor. Mobil appears the best at that.