Sheard running board mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was offroading and had to go through a wooded area with some tight turns when my truck slid on some mud into a stump and doing so it hit my passenger side running board and sheard the bolts through the tabs on the cab. Was wondering if anyone has had this repaired in the past.
Bolts are still there but the tabs are torn. I was thinking of some backing plates on both side of the tabs to give it some structure.
I know rock sliders are in my near future with living in the PNW.
Just want to hear everyone thoughts on the subject.
I've attached a photo may be hard to see but get the idea

Attachments

• 20210624_083529.jpg
    20210624_083529.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 81

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like they sheared off of the rocker panelling, is that correct? I would get a piece of heavy gauge metal and screw that to the inside of the rocker panel and then screw into that until you can get a welder to weld in some new bungs or something. @PorterW1111 might have some ideas, he’s a master fabber!!

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor Yeah the bolts sheared right through the mount on the cab where the running board mount mounts to. My gf has the same issue on her raptor as well. Both were flukes and was surprised myself when I took a look later on. But yeah im thinking some backing plates of sorts and perhaps custom made sliders will be due for the both of us

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor Yeah the bolts sheared right through the mount on the cab where the running board mount mounts to. My gf has the same issue on her raptor as well. Both were flukes and was surprised myself when I took a look later on. But yeah im thinking some backing plates of sorts and perhaps custom made sliders will be due for the both of us
Post your repair here in case it becomes something of the norm, might help another brother out :Big Laugh:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When my son borrowed my truck and jumped a curb and hit a running board on a big concrete bollard, bending it, I order a new pair on Ebay, thinking it would be a simple replacement.

turned out, ford made the bolts and bracket like a complete POS. One of the bolts on the bracket was spinning and as it has a flat round head was impossible to hold and tighten. Talk about cutting corners.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When my son borrowed my truck and jumped a curb and hit a running board on a big concrete bollard, bending it, I order a new pair on Ebay, thinking it would be a simple replacement.

turned out, ford made the bolts and bracket like a complete POS. One of the bolts on the bracket was spinning and as it has a flat round head was impossible to hold and tighten. Talk about cutting corners.
Did he bring back your Latte from Starbucks without spilling it though?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you mention Starfvcks. My wife calls me a Starbucks terrorist. While over the many years they’ve been in business I’ve frequented them a few times, and by that I mean maybe ten times a year or so. And I expect, no demand, a good drink for what they charge

in 2019 near Denver on way to Moab we stopped in one. I ordered my usual, a vente (XL) breve (half n half) cappuccino. They charge an extra fitty cents for breve. I pay, go over to watch the barister (which stands for a bunch of BS) and I see her make it with milk. The beeyatch hands it to me and I say is that breve? Uh, yeah. No it’s not, I said. I just watched you make it with milk. Uh, we’re out of half n half except at the fixin bar. You want me to get it? Uh, yeah, I’d like what I paid for. She goes and gets it, spills the drink out and prepares to make it in the same cup. I said do you mind if I have it in a new cup? Oh, well I’m environmentally conscious and don’t want to pollute. I wanted to jump across and strangle her. I said don’t foist your tree hugging crap on me. She threw the cup out, remade it, it was so hot it was basically boiled. I took the top off and spilled it on the counter, went to the register, said give me my money back. I also was given a ten dollar gift card.

And don’t get me started. That’s only the beginning of my trials and travails at that piece of crap company.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome story bro. Funny how we get frustrated at the littlest things, I'm guilty as charged too! My youngest son worked at Starbucks years ago, used to get a bag of coffee a week from them, one of the perks! He would always tell me about how they have the nicest customers and the worse customers, lol. Haven't had starfvcks for 2 years now. I use to stop in at one everyday on the way to work. The only time I ever went to Starbucks in my Raptor was when we were on holidays in Cali.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Funny you mention Starfvcks. My wife calls me a Starbucks terrorist. While over the many years they’ve been in business I’ve frequented them a few times, and by that I mean maybe ten times a year or so. And I expect, no demand, a good drink for what they charge

in 2019 near Denver on way to Moab we stopped in one. I ordered my usual, a vente (XL) breve (half n half) cappuccino. They charge an extra fitty cents for breve. I pay, go over to watch the barister (which stands for a bunch of BS) and I see her make it with milk. The beeyatch hands it to me and I say is that breve? Uh, yeah. No it’s not, I said. I just watched you make it with milk. Uh, we’re out of half n half except at the fixin bar. You want me to get it? Uh, yeah, I’d like what I paid for. She goes and gets it, spills the drink out and prepares to make it in the same cup. I said do you mind if I have it in a new cup? Oh, well I’m environmentally conscious and don’t want to pollute. I wanted to jump across and strangle her. I said don’t foist your tree hugging crap on me. She threw the cup out, remade it, it was so hot it was basically boiled. I took the top off and spilled it on the counter, went to the register, said give me my money back. I also was given a ten dollar gift card.

And don’t get me started. That’s only the beginning of my trials and travails at that piece of crap company.

I’ve lived that story in other venues, but not s-bux. I’m a simple man, with simple needs. Black coffee to go with my Black Raptor ; #BlackRaptorsMatter and all that. Cold beer, neat bourbon, and if I’m feeling adventurous, I’ll grab a Mocha. My wife OTOH... some times it takes 15 seconds of speaking time for her to give her order. Double ewe. Tee. Eff. it’s coffee fer ****’s sake! <ETA: The filters are STRONG here. Even FAUX profanity is blocked; that was “fer f o o k ’ s sake” before getting splatted>

Going, way, way back, I had a friend of a friend who was a Denny’s waitress. My buds and I would come in while she was on shift. she took care of us and we took care of her. Holy crap she hustled like crazy for basically scraps from cheapskate customers. So I generally tip well, unless you really, really f*ck up. Once in Edinburgh, on my birthday, my wife picked out this place, we sat and waited, and waited, and waited... 3 other tables come in, get seated, get drinks, the first table gets food - we have nothing. I want to leave, wife says be patient... Ok. Waitress passes by, I stop her and ask “Hey, are we f*cking invisible here? I’ve been her 20 <expletive deleted> minutes, not even a <expletive deleted> glass of water, I’ve watched you seat 3 tables, get them drinks, serve one food, and you haven’t even asked us if we’d like some water. Could we get another waiter/waitress please? One who, you know CARES?”

By this time, I’ve let my temper creep up. volume was high, manager intervenes and explains waitress is new. I counter : “Maybe she should consider a profession that doesn’t require human interaction, because this isn’t the job for her”. Wife is now actively trying to ensure I don’t end my birthday in jail... in a foreign country, with a very poor exchange rate for us. After she re-establishes comms with my rational self a couple minutes later, mgr. -- doing the right thing by customer service here -- offers us a free meal. I decline, politely; I appreciate the offer, but seek only to get a meal and drinks, which we’ll pay for - now please secure me another wait staff so we can get some food. I’m starving, my wife’s twisted her ankle on the way here, and it’s the coldest I’ve ever been on my birthday. Could I actually...you know get some water now?

At the end of the meal, I felt bad for my wife, she’d picked this place out and the hotel said it was good spot. I disabused them of that premise upon our return. We went to a bar after and got way better service. As we were walking to the bar, my wife broke the awkward silence with “I’ve only seen you not tip once before, I’m sorry this didn’t turn out well” Things happen. After a few wee heavies, I wasn’t too worried about it.

We all serve time as “that guy” in our lives. If we’re lucky, it’s only for a short time.