Sharing with my forum bros. Just had these two TSB's done.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently, a common issue with F150's in general.

Front end grinding, noise due to vacuum hose/IWE connections. TSB available. Also have hard shifting on cold start which is another TSB. Had both done and my '17 Gen2 is driving much better. Did some digging and found this long thread at cargurus.com FWIW:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t20957_ds786333

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post the TSB #'s (if that's even a thing)?

I came in here to post about a noise I started hearing today. Intermittent grinding noise under light throttle at any speed coming from the driver side front of the vehicle. Bad enough to wear I can feel it in my foot on the floorboard. At first I thought maybe the turbo on that side was about to grenade. Does this sound like the same thing you experienced that was fixed with the TSB?

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I came in here to post about a noise I started hearing today. Intermittent grinding noise under light throttle at any speed coming from the driver side front of the vehicle. Bad enough to wear I can feel it in my foot on the floorboard. At first I thought maybe the turbo on that side was about to grenade. Does this sound like the same thing you experienced that was fixed with the TSB?

That's exactly the symptom. It's the vacuum hose connecting to the IWE switch (or something like that). I'm traveling and will post the TSB numbers when I get back.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Put the truck in 4hi and listen for the noise. If it goes away then it's a iwe issue.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the truck in 4hi and listen for the noise. If it goes away then it's a iwe issue.

Doing it on the freeway today and when I put in 4A it stopped.

Any word on the TSB#? Have appt at dealer tomorrow at 10 and would like to have that to avoid any BS.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't know. From what I understand it's a diagram that leaks.
It's a 15$ part lol

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck in. They’ve had it for 2 days. Tried giving them the TSB number for the grinding noise and they refused it saying the technician needed to diagnose and then pull up the TSB himself based on what he finds. In other words, me telling them what I’m hearing and experiencing means jack shit.

Long story short, they call and tell me they couldn’t replicate. Told them I’m not picking the truck up until it’s fixed. They finally asked for the TSB number and told me to check back tomorrow.

Pretty irritated.