Shafted by the dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juicehead

Reaction score
So I ordered an 802A SCAB Leadfoot back in June. I called for an update yesterday and the manager told me Ford shut down their F150 production due to COVID (without notice).

Does anyone know the story behind this? Or if it is even true? Seems to me they forgot to order.

Now looking for an 802A SCAB, any color will do, the only catch is I have a trade...

fueler

Reaction score
I put 5k deposit down in mid June, actually a couple days after BroncoAZ did, and I did get my truck ordered and it's here now. I kept in touch with the dealer through the order process, one issue was getting an allocation which they did quickly from their sister dealer. I'm sure they didn't waste any time placing the order after that.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I ordered an 802A SCAB Leadfoot back in June. I called for an update yesterday and the manager told me Ford shut down their F150 production due to COVID (without notice).

Does anyone know the story behind this? Or if it is even true? Seems to me they forgot to order.

Now looking for an 802A SCAB, any color will do, the only catch is I have a trade...
I was looking for an 802A SCAB last summer. I found a member here who was looking to trade his in for a SCREW due to changing needs. I worked with him until he found his truck, was willing to travel a couple hundred miles to complete a sign and trade so he could get the tax break. I had to be a little more patient but it worked out and he ended up driving 200 miles to buy a truck 17 miles from me. If you’re intent on new, it could be a tough search. SCABs aren’t everywhere especially with all the options you’re after.

Mutombo

Reaction score
I ordered end of June and my truck was built on Sept 2 and is in transit to me now. Sounds like you're not getting the full story from your dealer.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is lying, probably because they didn’t place the order in time to meet the factory cutoff date before the change over took place for the new gen 2021 F-150.

In order to save face to you the customer, it became, “Muh COVID19” and “unprecedented times” and “insert COVID buzzword here”.

I ordered my 801a on 5/27 because I saw a document online from an up fitter claiming the cutoff was 5/29. Based on what others in here are saying, it seems they extended it out a week or two. My dealer contact was never able to give me a hard date on when the actual cutoff was because the factory wouldn’t give him one.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same ******** answer I received when they botched my order. I think they either didn’t have allocation or decided to keep it for sale to someone else. I’ve been watching their inventory and haven’t seen anything come up yet.

There were 30 Scabs on Autotrader nationwide when I looked yesterday, probably 8 were 802A. Most are at MSRP.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would anyone online possibly know what happened at your dealer?

Maybe the guy that was supposed to order it was too busy playing with his ass in the showroom.

Maybe they gave the allocation to someone else.

Maybe everyone has covid and the world is going to be taken over by super smart
monkeys soon.

Point is no one knows, and it's all speculation.

Suck it up, move on. Have fun with the search.

Might want to shop dealers that are known to not have allocation issues.