Shackle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you should be able to just let the spring go up towards the bed and then get the shackle out and spin it.

Say whaat!?! You think that will work?!? Have you done this? That would save me over an hour wrestling with my deavers.

Will I be able to push the spring up high enough to remove the bolt connecting the shackle to the spring inside of the bed over the bed frame? Take the wheels off so I can move the axle to position the spring up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Say whaat!?! You think that will work?!? Have you done this? That would save me over an hour wrestling with my deavers.

Will I be able to push the spring up high enough to remove the bolt connecting the shackle to the spring inside of the bed over the bed frame? Take the wheels off so I can move the axle to position the spring up?

Ya, you should be able to get the leaf into a neutral position and get the shackle off. Might take some trial and error with jacking the axle just right. My concern is that my Camburgs went in real tight with the new bushings and I had to pry them out, compared to the stock shackles which slide in and out real easy.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, you should be able to get the leaf into a neutral position and get the shackle off. Might take some trial and error with jacking the axle just right. My concern is that my Camburgs went in real tight with the new bushings and I had to pry them out, compared to the stock shackles which slide in and out real easy.

Yes mine were the same, if I have to can get creative with a rubber mallet and some screw drivers. Or re install the stock ones, I think you said before that you lost ride height with the camburg shackles?

OP
OP
M

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes mine were the same, if I have to can get creative with a rubber mallet and some screw drivers. Or re install the stock ones, I think you said before that you lost ride height with the camburg shackles?

Ya, still not sure on ride height issue but bushings were tight as hell and even within 1 month I could see the bushings on the camburgs take a beating, despite being pressed into place correctly. Just a very tight fit vs the stock shackles.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it done in an hour, not terrible once I figured it out.

No ride height change either direction. My truck with deaver +2HD and RPG collars sits at 41.25” in the rear and 40.75” in the front.

My brothers truck was easier to do. Only 45 min and he has stock leaf springs that deaver re sprung for him, his sits at 42” rear with stock front.

For whatever reason his truck always has about an inch more rear ride height than my truck .

Last edited: