Sh*t... I was gonna...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, that is a good rate! I'll have to look into that. What does ESP stand for? I've never bought an extended warranty on any vehicle up to this point.

Their advertised rate seems to be 3.99 minus 1/4 on 60 mo. or 1.99 minus 1/4 on 36 mo. for retired military. How'd you get that lower rate (1.24 on 60 mo.)?
I used my over 25 year membership 1/4% discount (one time good deal) and another 1/4% for something I can't remember (Paperwork is back home) and I have perfect credit. I financed for 72 months to get the lowest rate, once I get my truck I will sell my '01 XLT and '08 Honda Civic SI, make a lump sum with the money from them and re-fi the balance at 36 months. Or that's the plan, anyway <G>. Like Jason said, I will go in with the 43K in secure cash. Wham bam thank you mamn. And no, I DON'T want the paint protectant <G> The only trick is knowing how long your lender will let you wait to make a lump sum and lower the principal before you can't re-finance that loan anymore.

I just can't make my mind up on ESP and Maintenance Contract. But all these posts are helping... Thanks fellas!

ESP is Extended Service Plan.

Falcon

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I looked "shocks" were not listed as being covered by any of the ESP plans offered...

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had good luck with extended warranties either. But on the other hands I know of many folks who have had good luck. I guess its really a matter of your personal preference.

In terms of agreed upon price... even if I didn't have my financing squared, I would never ever let them talk to me about monthly payments. Purchase price is where I'd fight my battles, and I'd thwart every attempt to distract me from that with talk of "Well what is your maximum monthly payment amount?". Nu uh. Talk bottom line, and don't let them distract with fuzzy math in between.

In terms of other OEM equipped stuffs... nah not really (mind you mine is fully loaded minus nav and graphics). I've lived it for years with other cars, but the Raptor comes so well equipped right out of the gate, that its hard to argue with damn near perfection. I suppose if I had to pick something, I'd say the nav system. I ordered without it and I don't miss it, but there has been a time or two a nice big touchscreen would have been helpful.

In terms of mods for the Raptor... you've got a good list there already. For my purposes, a bed is almost useless without a cover, so I had my cover in hand the day I picked up the truck. Glad I didn't have to wait on that aspect. Same deal with the BedRug.

Other than that, go git 'er and have a blast Falcon! She's one amazing machine and I think you'll be taken aback the first time you lay eyes, and again the first time you get behind the wheel. Hell I still have to pinch myself from time to time... there's a freaking Raptor parked right outside my office! How cool is that?!

Great advice Jason thanks... really! The Bedrug is a must have, and some kind of bed cover. What kind did you end up going with? I also have a set of Rigid white and a set of Amber spot dualies for the front, and a pair of flood white dualies for the rear (Thanks for a great product Taylor... still waiting for that license plate install.... <G>). And some sweet combo 12v Power Point/light units for the bed. Oh, and the size "C" Vortex Mud Guards for front and rear. All I need now is my Raptor <G>. I camped out at the Dealer today with my Mom... she knows the Sales Manager <G>. They said that it WAS in St. Louis ... and he is going to check tomorrow morn to see exactly WHERE it is at the moment. I think taking my mom in was a good deal... when I stressed that I was afoot 200 miles from home until he got my truck to me, he gave me the keys to a Olds Lincoln Town Car "Ultimate"... Pearl, of course <G>. The damned thing has more buttons than an F-18 Hornet cockpit <G>. I feel like I am tooling around this farm town in a Silver Shadow <GG>.

Falcon

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great advice Jason thanks... really! The Bedrug is a must have, and some kind of bed cover. What kind did you end up going with?
I ended up with the Fold A Cover G4 Elite. Here's my review: http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthread.php?5-Review-Fold-A-Cover-G4-Elite

I also have a set of Rigid white and a set of Amber spot dualies for the front, and a pair of flood white dualies for the rear (Thanks for a great product Taylor... still waiting for that license plate install.... <G>). And some sweet combo 12v Power Point/light units for the bed. Oh, and the size "C" Vortex Mud Guards for front and rear. All I need now is my Raptor <G>. I camped out at the Dealer today with my Mom... she knows the Sales Manager <G>. They said that it WAS in St. Louis ... and he is going to check tomorrow morn to see exactly WHERE it is at the moment. I think taking my mom in was a good deal... when I stressed that I was afoot 200 miles from home until he got my truck to me, he gave me the keys to a Olds Lincoln Town Car "Ultimate"... Pearl, of course <G>. The damned thing has more buttons than an F-18 Hornet cockpit <G>. I feel like I am tooling around this farm town in a Silver Shadow <GG>.

Falcon
Hah sweet! Annnny moment now brother!! (And how cool is it to be sharing this with your mom?)

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I used my over 25 year membership 1/4% discount (one time good deal) and another 1/4% for something I can't remember (Paperwork is back home) and I have perfect credit. I financed for 72 months to get the lowest rate, once I get my truck I will sell my '01 XLT and '08 Honda Civic SI, make a lump sum with the money from them and re-fi the balance at 36 months. Or that's the plan, anyway <G>. Like Jason said, I will go in with the 43K in secure cash. Wham bam thank you mamn. And no, I DON'T want the paint protectant <G> The only trick is knowing how long your lender will let you wait to make a lump sum and lower the principal before you can't re-finance that loan anymore.

I just can't make my mind up on ESP and Maintenance Contract. But all these posts are helping... Thanks fellas!

ESP is Extended Service Plan.

Falcon

Thanks Falcon! :salute:

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I got extended factory warranty. It wasn't expensive and if I don't keep it it will make my truck more valuable to prospective buyers.
2. I got a basic service package good for X number of factory scheduled services. It was cheaper than the services and I wish I bought more as it won't get me more than a few years I think.
3. Bed cover
4. Bed liner
(3 & 4 are must-haves in my opinion - as Jason says it's pretty much useless without them)
5. WeatherTec Floor Liners - I puttem in and won't be taking them out
6. CravenSpeed stubby
7. Car care supplies if you don't have 'em or need more
8. Replacement air filters :)
9. USB cable to do the mod and move the connection into the center console
10. Tool box drawer liner (rubbery stuff) for the bottom of the center console AND for the cupholders in the front doors (they're large and if you put typical water bottles in there they'll slide around a bit and mark up the inside areas of the cupholders (all black plastic)
11. Flashlights of your choice - I like Maglites because they're more than just a flashlight :D
12. CDs and DVDs (if you have the NAV touchscreen so you can watch when parked)
13. USB cable to use to charge up items like cell phones, cameras, etc. (if not for you then for friends' devices)
14. Sun shield - Costco has a great one they're selling now - can't find it on their site - it's the best I've seen - one large reflective fabric panel with two round "springy wires" in them which enables the unit to be twisted/collapsed into a very small round shape that fits alongside the passenger seat between it and the center console. See pic below for something similar (though the pic shows 2 separate units and this is one unit)
15. Radar detector and mount (covered on this forum)
16. Trays for inside your center console to keep stuff from flying around in there and becoming even more tangled up. You may need to wait to see the size of the center console to help you choose what trays to buy.

That's the list I came up with off the top of my head.

When're you getting your Raptor?

Great input Dan... there are several items I hadn't even THOUGHT of. Couple of questions... did you look into the Rigid flashlights?

http://tinyurl.com/35m7vxw

View attachment 491

I would love to hear what you (or anybody else, for that matter) thinks about them.

Also, what is your input on the great "Valentine vs that other detector" (Can't remember the name <G>)?

Falcon

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing to think about with the ESP

The Fox shocks are new to production vehicles and need to be serviced....seals, oil yadda yadda. I called Fox and they said 100,000 mile intervals with normal driving. If the seals blow out at 40,000 50,000 60,000 miles not sure if they will be taken care of without the ESP?? I paid the extra $$$ for the peice of mind and I never get ESP except on my Lightning. It's the first type of vehicle like this and there are bound to be hiccups along the way.
I agree Brian, and will probably get some vesion of the ESP for that very reason. You said that in a post a while back and it got me to thinkin about the "New" issue, and the heavy "electronic toy" quotient. But a question for you... (seems like I have a question for everyone <G>.... I guess it means I am pretty dumb, or you guys are really smart! Or BOTH! <G>) doesn't Fox have a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty? I thought they did...

Falcon

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I even had my Raptor, I had in hand: Cravin Speed Stubby Antenna, The red EL tape for the SVT back-light mod, my "ice blue" ambient lighting for the foot wells, my Raptor SVT windshield decal, the Truxedo tonneau cover (which my dealer installed for me N/C), the Ford rubber bed mat and a box (kit) of Mother's Clay Bar Wax. As soon as I got the money, Line-X went in the bed and driving lights I put on. That's how I occupied myself while waiting the eternity it seemed to take to get my Raptor. I used to lay awake at night and think of cool things I could do to make it unique to me and set it apart from other trucks (and other Raptors, even). About the only thing I really want to get done yet it the EL rope lighting for the cargo bed, but that will get done soon enough. Then all four of my AUX switches will have a purpose! :rockon:

OH YEAH, I almost forgot one of the most important things! MUD FLAPS!!!! Don't run without 'em!!
You are too funny <GG> I have been doing the same thing every night <G>. You TOO get some questions... What source did you use for the EL tape, Glow Hut or that other one? What windshield decal? Is there a thread on it?

Falcon

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I looked "shocks" were not listed as being covered by any of the ESP plans offered...
Now THAT's interesting. I can't wait fro Brian to weigh in on this ... I know he researched the dickens out of that question.

Falcon