Setting up a ADD Race R front bumper....questions on lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm setting up a ADD Race R with 40” RDS for the North East that will travel across the US/Canada and see different conditions. I definitely want to have some type of Amber lighting up front.
My original thinking was going with:
40” Rigid RDS Spot (up top)
20” Rigid E Series Combo in Amber (in the bumper)
Rigid SR-MF2 Driving in Amber

I am now rethinking this and think I should do 2 whites and 1 Amber light. I can’t seem to find any reviews on the SR-MF2 Driving or Spot in Amber. I was wondering if this is enough light for the snowy and foggy conditions? If so I may switch the 20” to a regular white combo light as set up above.
Or run:
40” Rigid RDS Spot(up top)
20” Rigid E Series Combo in Amber (in the bumper)
Rigid SR-MF2 White in Driving (I figure I may use these a lot more as regular driving lights)

I would appreciate any feedback before I purchase a set up I regret. This is the first time I am setting up a vehicle for overlanding and have never really invested this much thinking into lighting.
Thanks for any help!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
What about the 10 duallys up top and popping on a few Amber covers?

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about the 10 duallys up top and popping on a few Amber covers?

The bumper is here and it's set up for a lightbar. I actually was thinking of doing a 10 light set up but I got a killer deal from a local vender on one set up for a 40 RDS. Honestly, it looks like I could just cut off the light bar tabs and rock some cubes but I really don't feel like cutting up a new bumper.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Check out the Baja designs onyx bar. They make some nice setups too, can do the outsides Amber and center clear, etc

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Yes be sure to check into the Baja design light bars. We can setup the bar in any configuration you would like! AND, you can easily change up the optics and lenses yourself if you happen to damage them or just want to change up your setup without having to ship it out, and WITHOUT voiding the lifetime warranty! That ability alone is what makes Baja Design lights really stand out.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance, we deal rigid, vision x and Baja designs, so we can supply a quote for whatever setup you decide you would like to go with, and can answer any of your questions!

-Joseph Haynes

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm sticking with Rigids for 3 Reasons.
The bumper is set up for Rigid
I've had a great experience with them in the past
A family member works at a Rigid Dealer and can offer me a heck of a deal. (Shop discount @ cost)

What is crazy is I really can't find any feedback or video on the SR-MF lights.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Completely understandable! @FullAuto Rigid lights are great lights as well. I didn't see that your bumper was already setup for rigids.

As far as being Rigid being bought out, that is true. Time will tell how quality and customer service stands up.

The SR-M series lights are great. Basically just smaller versions of the dually/D2 lineup.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm sticking with Rigids for 3 Reasons.
The bumper is set up for Rigid
I've had a great experience with them in the past
A family member works at a Rigid Dealer and can offer me a heck of a deal. (Shop discount @ cost)

What is crazy is I really can't find any feedback or video on the SR-MF lights.

I have the 40" and the SR-MF in Amber and they are fantastic. They provide a great amount of light, but you can still use them on road. in the Raceline R, they do throw more to the sides and not so much straight out, so be aware of that.

overall very happy with them.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

pics:

Alone_zps8ee9dac1.jpg

C2BA7A5B-EB2C-475F-9EE3-ED503D1A591F_zpstyuw6j8d.jpg

IMG_0431_zpsc6a20b34.jpg

for some reason I can't find any at night. i'll try to grab some.

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm just going to stick with my original plan and possibly add a light bar in the grill if I think I need it. Your truck looks great!

I have the 40" and the SR-MF in Amber and they are fantastic. They provide a great amount of light, but you can still use them on road. in the Raceline R, they do throw more to the sides and not so much straight out, so be aware of that.

overall very happy with them.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

pics:

Alone_zps8ee9dac1.jpg

C2BA7A5B-EB2C-475F-9EE3-ED503D1A591F_zpstyuw6j8d.jpg

IMG_0431_zpsc6a20b34.jpg

for some reason I can't find any at night. i'll try to grab some.

Last edited: