Service Engine Soon Warning after full PPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up my truck after tint, full PPF, and rappy graphics decal install.

About 2 days into to them working, received Fordpass alert:

Service Engine Soon Warning: Vehicle has detected an electrical concern with the outside air temperature sensor.

Check engine symbol is displayed on dash.

Is this something I can clear with Forscan? Unless they removed and reinstalled a sensor incorrectly, had zero issues with the truck before this work.

Wondering if it has something to do with a heat gun near a sensor.

Would rather not go to dealer if I dont have to.

P.S. I started the "Is full PPF worth it?" thread and decided to go ahead with it. I have access to a lot of tight tree lined trails here in the NY mountain regions and want to be able to explore. Will post photos soon.

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
TheMachinist

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Actually have another particular issue, somehow my aux fogs and normally on fogs got switched? It used to be that the inner fogs would come on automatically, and the outer fogs were controlled with the rocker aux 1 switch. Now, for some reason, aux 1 controls the inner fogs, and the outer fogs come on when I hit the fog button on the dial, they no longer come on automatically. Very strange... Could they have swapped connectors behind the fog lights themselves?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually have another particular issue, somehow my aux fogs and normally on fogs got switched? It used to be that the inner fogs would come on automatically, and the outer fogs were controlled with the rocker aux 1 switch. Now, for some reason, aux 1 controls the inner fogs, and the outer fogs come on when I hit the fog button on the dial, they no longer come on automatically. Very strange... Could they have swapped connectors behind the fog lights themselves?
Odd... my inner fogs have always been on Aux 1 switch and the outer on the light dial.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given that its just a plug under the bumper, I guess its possible your person unplugged them and didn't plug them back in properly? I don't see a reason why they did that though....

As for your outdoor temperature sensor, if its like my old gen 1, that sensor is in the mirror. Its possible they bumped or damaged it when putting the bra on.

OP
OP
TheMachinist

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Odd... my inner fogs have always been on Aux 1 switch and the outer on the light dial.
Went through the manual but am not finding how they are set from factory.. I even went through photos on my phone pre-ppf to confirm they were the inner lights before..

OP
OP
TheMachinist

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Looks like my truck came wired incorrectly from factory then. I remember touching the inner lamp that had the cover and wondering why it was so hot, than realized the fog lights were on behind the black cover. Figured Ford or dealer put caps in wrong spot. I guess the PPF guys rewired correctly?! Can someone confirm if fog lights should come on with low beams in auto mode?