Service AdvanceTrac/ Hill Decent/ABS but with a twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the dreaded Service AdvanceTrac/ Hill Decent fault the other day on the 11 SCrew.
Third Brake light functions as it is supposed too and doesnt look like there is water in it so I hooked up ForScan and pulled some codes.
P1635, P1899,B1596, B1342, C1266, C1300.... All PCM, TCCM and ABS modules.
I can hear ABS pump working and the ABS function is still working correctly as tested in the dirt. The truck runs and drives normal, just has the all the check engine lights and the bells and buzzers going off at startup.
The other strange thing that is not working is I no longer have back-up camera and upfitter switches?? I dont recall losing those things on my 2014 when the 3rd Brake light **** its pants!!...

This is my 3rd Gen 1 but fairly new to me, so I dont know the complete history on it. Its been to Baja, been pounded and put up wet a couple times but has never had any warning lights or issues since Ive had it.. but you can see stains on headliner from water getting in from 3rd Brake Light or sunroof drains. Could this water intrusion be affecting some other harness and creating a shrt?

Anyone else have simillar issues resulting in the dash warnings and losing upfitter and back up camera functions?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you clear DTCs, do any of them return? B1596 in the ABS Module can be disregarded; it’s simply an indication that other DTCs are set. If the ABS is setting B1342, that indicates a module internal failure. However, low voltage to the module can also cause it to set. Which leads to these 2 DTCs:
  • DTC C1266 (ABS Valve Power Relay Circuit Failure) — this DTC sets in the ignition cycle if the ABS module detects an open or a short to ground on the valve power feed circuit. DTCs set in the ignition cycle can only be cleared by cycling the ignition off and on once the fault has been corrected.
  • DTC C1300 (ABS Pump Motor Circuit Failure) — this DTC sets every ignition cycle or in on-demand memory if there are circuit failures such as a short to ground, open, high circuit resistance, damaged motor, blown fuse. The module also checks the motor after every actuation. When the pump is shut off, the ABS module measures the output voltage of the motor. If the voltage drops too quickly, there may be a locked motor. DTC C1300 sets if this fault is detected 3 times. DTCs set in the ignition cycle can only be cleared by cycling the ignition off and on once the fault has been corrected.
I’d start by verifying all of the fuses and connections for the ABS module, it sounds like one of the power feeds to the module may have an open circuit.

As far as the TCCM code, it’s as follows:
  • DTC P1899:00 (Axle Disconnect Indicator Circuit Low: No Sub Type Information) — When not in locking mode, the TCCM senses the indicator circuit has low voltage and is always illuminated.

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks FT1.. Going to start with ABS wheel speed sensors as I had P1635 as well. Seems odd that this all started after a heavy rain, so something is going to ground somewhere.

Are there relays as well as fuses that I should be looking at for the ABS pump?

Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks FT1.. Going to start with ABS wheel speed sensors as I had P1635 as well. Seems odd that this all started after a heavy rain, so something is going to ground somewhere.

Are there relays as well as fuses that I should be looking at for the ABS pump?

Thanks
No prob. P1635 is Tire/Axle Ratio out of acceptable range. It indicates the tire and axle information contained in the vehicle identification (VID) block does not match the vehicle hardware. It typically sets when tire size or axle ratio are changed with a scan tool or aftermarket tuner.

None of the DTCs are related to the wheel speed sensors so those can be ruled out. Start by checking Fuses F36, F47, and F54 in the BJB (front center of engine compartment). Those power the ABS Module. F54 is also the hot in start/run feed to the TCCM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No prob. P1635 is Tire/Axle Ratio out of acceptable range. It indicates the tire and axle information contained in the vehicle identification (VID) block does not match the vehicle hardware. It typically sets when tire size or axle ratio are changed with a scan tool or aftermarket tuner.

None of the DTCs are related to the wheel speed sensors so those can be ruled out. Start by checking Fuses F36, F47, and F54 in the BJB (front center of engine compartment). Those power the ABS Module. F54 is also the hot in start/run feed to the TCCM.
Sometimes I just hate the amount of electrical BS that is in these trucks.
Contrary to what all the codes say.. I changed the wheel speed sensors and bingo.... Everything works.
How long do you figure the truck would have sat at the dealer while they chased all the codes to no avail and would never have looked at the ABS wheel speed sensors..lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I just hate the amount of electrical BS that is in these trucks.
Contrary to what all the codes say.. I changed the wheel speed sensors and bingo.... Everything works.
How long do you figure the truck would have sat at the dealer while they chased all the codes to no avail and would never have looked at the ABS wheel speed sensors..lol
That makes no sense, but glad it’s fixed!

Sportyworty

Reaction score
I got the dreaded hill decent fault and brake warning lights going on as well. It was new on start up yesterday. I popped the 3rd brake light to check for water but it was dry. The dealer is quoting 2 weeks turn around due to limited technicians. So it’s either the wheel sensors, steering rack or brake switch according to past discussions here. I have a good warranty even though they did not cover the check engine light a couple months back cuz emissions related. I have 1700 miles on the 2010 Raptor so far so a run of unfortunate crapolla as I approach 75K miles.

thiccboi

Reaction score
I got tired of having ABS issues so I pulled the ABS fuse. I'm running 39s anyway so its not like I;ll ever engage ABS.
Its annoying everytime I start the truck to be greeted by advancetrac/abs warning lights lol

Sportyworty

Reaction score
ABS HCU Control Module. The Ford dealer that sold me the truck and 36/45 warranty states the after market warranty company will likely send out a rep due to cost involved. Think I’m getting grouchy