Serpentine Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Material loss. How does one measure that? I'm thinking you'd need to know the thickness of the belt when it was brand new, for starts, or you wouldn't have a baseline.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Material loss. How does one measure that? I'm thinking you'd need to know the thickness of the belt when it was brand new, for starts, or you wouldn't have a baseline.

They make a some small plastic gauges that you set in the belt

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm with you on the ease of replacement. In fact I have a Gates Racing serpentine belt for the Raptor already in hand. I figure I'll install it at 50,000 miles and call it good. But being something of a maintenance nut, I wonder if something can't be done to extend the life of a serpentine belt.

Is this the right part number for the Gates belt? - K061054RB

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RaptorVette, we ought to get on the phone and do this together. I'm sure there will be enough cussing for the NSA to ban us!

:)

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No SHIT!!! I got the belt to throw in the tool box hoping I wouldn't need it for a while but I've got it if the stock one breaks. It's going to be a pain to work on anything in the engine bay for me since I've got a big ass bumper sticking out. I would hope it's an easy swap.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have your bumper problem, but I'm only 5'8" and have to stand on a stool! It's not the best thing for my self-image.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed the Gates Racing serpentine belt PN K061054RB today. The racing belts are advertised to be three times stronger than standard belts. (And they command commensurate price.) I have never in my life had an easier time installing an automotive belt, serpentine or V-belt. Geeze, the 6.L is a dream engine! No cussing required to install the belt. It's not even a half-beer job!

Last edited: