Serious hissing and dripping, maybe transmission slippage too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
2019 Gen 2 bought new in Feb of 2020. Has about 7k very light pandy-street-queen miles so far. Essentially a flawless 802A vehicle where I did my first major service about 2 months ago. I've always noticed a slippy trans, but I think that's correlated with cold drivetrain and relatively normal. Recently I've noticed 1 weird failure-to-upshift from 20 -> 40 in autocruise on a highway (got to redline and I took over control), and I've noticed some very clunky shifts when driving extra slow and smooth (as if the clutch was engaged too long and it lurches before the next gear).

Anyway, after a 45 mile drive from OC to LA last night about 10pm at normal highway speeds I got home and parked in my usual spot about 15 degree inclined driveway (tail lower, nose up and out). I hear an uncharacteristic very loud hissing and popping from under the vehicle. This was a dry and cool night, maybe 55 or 60F the whole way. The HVAC was set to auto at 73F, which was essentially heating. Seat heaters engaged, too.

I discovered a lot of hissing and bubbling coming from a connector before the muffler. Note that this has never happened before and I've parked in this driveway in this way for months now.

I took a video and if you listen with the volume up you can hear the hissing (sorry for my grunts, lol). Note that the truck's off and it's dead silent near me so all that background noise is the hissing and bubbling I'm worried about. At about the 30 second mark you can see where I at least found dripping and hissing although that might not be the only location or issue.

Anyone know what's going on? Is this normal?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol - if you were parked the other way or level you’d probably see a lot of water dripping too....but in the scenario you videoed the moisture was going the opposite direction due to the slope & hitting something hot resulting in that noise