September 19th? Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Illegal for street use fast on a limited production desert racer…
Not a chance. they’ve been overpromising and underdelivering for what? 15 months now, ceding sales to the TRX that they could have recouped with more power. If Ford spent this much time on R&D, QA - c’mon, stop laughing! They do QA the trucks. etc. there’s no way they could recoup costs on a re-design necessary for the added power.

For this much impact to the Raptor brand, going through all of that they would almost certainly have to have put it through EPA cert as well, not an insignificant cost.

I think the only way practical to recoup that cost is to make it generally available with all the bells and whistles.

Now, they could probably command more $$ by doing a focused truck like the 2000(?) Cobra R. No creature comforts, just an off road truck. But I don’t think that’s going to happen either. It’s probably going to be just like the regular Rap - moon roof in 95% of the trucks, will cost you either money or time to get one without so they can maximize profit.

That’s assuming the “reveal” is for a truck that actual people will be able to purchase and take delivery before 2025. If at all ( come on, you knew that last part was coming ! )

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Not a chance. they’ve been overpromising and underdelivering for what? 15 months now, ceding sales to the TRX that they could have recouped with more power. If Ford spent this much time on R&D, QA - c’mon, stop laughing! They do QA the trucks. etc. there’s no way they could recoup costs on a re-design necessary for the added power.

For this much impact to the Raptor brand, going through all of that they would almost certainly have to have put it through EPA cert as well, not an insignificant cost.

I think the only way practical to recoup that cost is to make it generally available with all the bells and whistles.

Now, they could probably command more $$ by doing a focused truck like the 2000(?) Cobra R. No creature comforts, just an off road truck. But I don’t think that’s going to happen either. It’s probably going to be just like the regular Rap - moon roof in 95% of the trucks, will cost you either money or time to get one without so they can maximize profit.

That’s assuming the “reveal” is for a truck that actual people will be able to purchase and take delivery before 2025. If at all ( come on, you knew that last part was coming ! )
Yeah I mean part of this thinking though is just focused on Ford alone and them worrying about making back profit for spent R&D, but there are other aspects to it. For example, they probably assumed Orange man would be running the show and everything would be full speed ahead, but instead we have ol’ uncle (Creepy) Joe with his green (black outs) new (old) deal (extortion) shoving it up the auto industries @$$….they can’t just roll out enough of these to ruin their company wide EPA standards at the same time as the Gov’ies talking about banning anything that doesn’t run on Hunters crack pipe…so IMO there will be a gentle balance of let’s price these things so high nobody can buy them and at the same time we can say we did what we said we would

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How will dealers be allocated units? Is it based on the number of Raptors they have sold in the past?
I would assume so. I got the only Gen 3 37pp so far from my smaller dealership. They said I can have the first R they get, crossing my fingers. I have been asking them since last June about being first. I would hope every dealer gets one anyway. Some of big ones who knows. I know that they have sold several GT500s so there is hope.