Seminoe State Park/Reservoir, WY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Seminoe State Park/Reservoir area in Wyoming, south of Casper? I'm wondering if it'd be a fun Raptor place. It looks like there's a boating lake as well. Maybe my Google-Fu is off, but I can't seem to get a good feel for it. I'm considering running up there some weekend to check it out.

Also, how's camping there?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Just google earth'd it. Looks like a big dirt trail, but not much in terms of off-roading. Looks like it'd be worth checking out though.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just google earth'd it. Looks like a big dirt trail, but not much in terms of off-roading. Looks like it'd be worth checking out though.

I'm planning to shoot up there some random weekend and investigate. Just hoping to learn a little first - if possible.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm planning to shoot up there some random weekend and investigate. Just hoping to learn a little first - if possible.

Yeah, Google Earth HD shows hardly any detail.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can boat and swim at Seminoe. Lots of sandy beaches as well. You can make a slip and slide into the water off the dunes if you get a water pump and some plastic. There are some trails but I'm pretty sure everything north is on private land. Most of the trails are for four wheelers and other smaller off-road vehicles. It gets hot as shit there and can get pretty windy. Def bring an easy up or some other shelter if you plan on sitting around since there is zero shade.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't really spent any time around there. If you want wide open trails, head to the Red Desert between South Pass City/Atlantic City and Rock Springs/Rawlins. I'm out that way off and on between August and early October.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't really spent any time around there. If you want wide open trails, head to the Red Desert between South Pass City/Atlantic City and Rock Springs/Rawlins. I'm out that way off and on between August and early October.

Is that Killpecker?