SEMA SHOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djevox

Reaction score
What does it matter- are we going to look at all the new stuff there and think “I’m going to get that when the manufacturing and chip shortages are done in 5 years*”? Maybe vendors should concentrate on getting current products out instead of alienating current and future customers.

* Hopefully timeframe is an exaggeration, but who really knows.

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats true but it’s nice to get to see the products first hand in person rather than trough a computer screen. I think they should have a day where the public is allowed to enter at least for the more simple products,

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a shame that the SEMA show is not open to the public , hello who the hell is buying the ******* products!
Dude I got someone elses pass and went 5 years ago so much sick stuff. They are out there. They had rides in a sick mustang but then I realized I couldn't sign the waiver and paperwork as my id didn't match my sema pass.

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I can see having a great time , automobile’s, gambling, hot girls all under one roof. They should have at least 1 day open for the public to browse.

Jmythehead

Reaction score
The show is for manufactures and distributors to show products to retailers. The retailers are the ones who buy the products to sell to the end user (us). There are events scheduled throughout the week to learn about new products and procedures from vehicle manufactures. There are also industry experts that have classes on business development, marketing, and many other things that most of the public would have no interest in. It's a place to meet people in the automotive industry and develop future relationships, which again is something most of the public would not do. I've been to the show many times, and I can tell you having the general public there would turn the show into even more of a shit show than it already is. If you want to have a great time, see cool cars, and gamble with hot girls around, Vegas has that all year round.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The show is for manufactures and distributors to show products to retailers. The retailers are the ones who buy the products to sell to the end user (us). There are events scheduled throughout the week to learn about new products and procedures from vehicle manufactures. There are also industry experts that have classes on business development, marketing, and many other things that most of the public would have no interest in. It's a place to meet people in the automotive industry and develop future relationships, which again is something most of the public would not do. I've been to the show many times, and I can tell you having the general public there would turn the show into even more of a shit show than it already is. If you want to have a great time, see cool cars, and gamble with hot girls around, Vegas has that all year round.

This is true. I agree as someone that's been there as an exhibitor and buyer. For being closed to the "public" there is a lot of "public" that ends up with badges. You can usually point them out when they're asking about remote starts for a 2008 Camry in the wheel hall lol.

In all fairness they should have an "enthusiast" day where the public is allowed if they can pass a simple automotive aftermarket test and purchase a badge lol. That way you could weed out all of the aforementioned "public".