Sell Or Hold!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very difficult to sell high price and buy low price! in same year.
or you have a old daily driver and wait 2 years!

same as real estate market.

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Driving a '17 Raptor that I picked up a year ago and just KBB'd her to find out that I could trade in for around $60-63k... am I crazy not to pocket that money and try and get into a new '21 with, potentially, $8k extra in my pocket??
Take what the defense gives you. Take the money and run. Try a local dealer with an empty lot, carbuyerusa or Carmax.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do whatever you want. Realize that it's a crapshoot. Sell it, and with the supply chain disruptions, chip shortages, ICE hostile leaders, and airdropped money, prices could keep rising. Then you'd be *******. That would be unlucky. If things go better or the economy slows, you could make money. That would be genius. Keep it and you can flip those two outcomes. The thing you can't do is quit the game, so make your choice and live with it.

Edit to add: Apparently some nanny doesn't like common wood fasteners that are installed with a rotary motion. Interesting.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The thing you can't do is quit the game, so make your choice and live with it.
Great words man! GordoJay, are you a motivational speaker? Damn bro, I’m gonna get off my lazy *** and order one of these…wait, I already did!:cool:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Already did this, got 68k trade in, less taxes to pay that way, new 801a at sticker 77k when it comes in. 9k the upgrade 2 year old truck!, got rid of the 42k miles and cost for brakes no maintenance costs. Also needed cam phasers. I have another vehicle so it was a very cost effective move.

metalwhiz

Reaction score
Already did this, got 68k trade in, less taxes to pay that way, new 801a at sticker 77k when it comes in. 9k the upgrade 2 year old truck!, got rid of the 42k miles and cost for brakes no maintenance costs. Also needed cam phasers. I have another vehicle so it was a very cost effective move.
Just wondering, did you disclose the cam phaser issue when trading in to dealer, or left it for them to discover? Might trade mine in and thinking trade value might be less if disclosing phaser issue, although they probably would make money on warranty work? Would def disclose issue to a private buyer or have fixed before selling.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little off topic but has anybody been keeping up with the Bronco Raptor? From the spy shots that thing looks like it gonna be a Beast. I thinking of holding out for the newest "Raptor" family member.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s all hyperbole- NOBODY has driven a gen3 Raptor & barely anyone has even seen one, I’d wager 99% of people who have traded away their gen2 and/or have a deposit on a gen3 haven’t even sat in one

why would anyone wanna trade something away in exchange for pixie dust & fairy tales when you could just drive a REAL gen2 raptor in the flesh (& I think the exterior design is more appealing in gen2....gen3 interior/tech def better) until these gen3’s start hitting the lots?!!!!!

it’s going to take a WHILE for the new vehicle supply/market to get saturated or back up to full dealer lots, in meantime high end/quality used vehicles are going to continue to hold value well. It’s not like the second gen3 trucks hit the actual dealer lots gen2 prices plummet - if anything they may firm up more when dealers - who have been working w/ limited inventory/gross sales to begin for going on a year or more- are just going to roll over & start giving trucks away @ invoice. Will be quite the opposite. This situation is going to take quite a while to resolve itself. I’m in the business (manufacturing for auto industry & OEM suppliers) & can say this w/ absolute confidence.

Then there’s the whole other concern of buying a brand new design that had to be worked through a number of major issues not the least of which would be a major supply chain bottleneck due to trade war + sea container shortage/re-routing that got exacerbated by the canal blockage AND the obvious pandemic factor.

unless you have something you can see/touch/feel & suits your needs/makes you happy enough to replace your Raptor w/ I’d just have some patience & sit tight

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush is quite poignant here

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen II are already dropping a bit... I have a 19 loaded and immaculate with 20K miles, and dealer hit me with 67... KBB is 74