Seems to good too be true...Low mileage '14 under $38k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a newly listed '14 within an hour from me. The price seems too good to be true. The negative reviews for this dealership are scary. 38k miles and they are only asking $37.5k, on a '14! What do you guys think?

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1402279453280768/

CarGurus link:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...dEntity=d337&startYear=2012#listing=256677320

Looks clean, got a tune and all the goodies looks like.

I got mine from a nightmare dealer too. They had it on their lot for 90+ days and wouldn’t budge on their asking of 35k even though it needed tires, brakes and shocks rebuilt. I just said to them do you want to sell this truck today or not? They said no that day to my offer of 32k OTD. They ended up dropping the price. I called them back and we met at 32.4k + tax, title...ended up 35k total for fully loaded ‘14 SCREW w 93k mi.

That being said I was able to take it for the day and run it hard. Took it to my personal mechanic, have him lift it, check for codes, etc.

If you can have your guy give it the green light then who cares if they have bad reviews. If they won’t budge walk. It’s not the only Raptor out there. Who knows, you may end up like me and walk away only to have them drop the price and pick it up for less!

OP
OP
JMIB99

JMIB99

Reaction score
I noticed that the Raptor badge is missing from the tailgate. And something about the intercooler and engine compartment seems off. I just get a bad feeling.

I'll definitely go give it a look. If it passes the eye and ear test, and there are no crazy hits on the carfax, I'll see if they'll let me bring it to a mechanic or shop to get checked out. I'll ask about an extended test drive as well.

As for the negative reviews, they are all the same, car goes bad after a few weeks and then the owner states it was sold as is. What really took we back was the owners responses to the negative reviews. He attacks back; I've never seen that before. And in one reply he actually says the car is sold as is. That's not something I'd respond with if I was being accused with repeadily selling lemons.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blower install, cheap price and no warranty, I'd guaranty that engine/tranny is *****.

SVTWillis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely worth looking at. The price does seem a good bit lower considering the miles and special edition. Also the mods. Maybe you can look up the car fax and see where the truck has been serviced. Maybe find out who did the supercharger install as well.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint is peeling off the aluminum off road lights in the front, and............... the exhaust tips are dirty, I'd have to pass.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with HORN HIGH,and would say around $10K under,based on what I got mine for...but if you have 2 hrs round trip to kill and another 2 hours listening to the "hard sell",go check it out and if you like,have a PPI done on it...just remember,Dealers are SNAKES,one step below Lawyers,and are not in business to lose $$,so that should be a heads up...