Seems like Ford doesn't really care.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor that I bought in May 2019 and I got the initial survey about how was your buying experience. I haven't received anything further from ford. I had a 2017 Ram 1500 and in 2 years I received two surveys asking how I liked my Ram 1500. The survey asked what I liked and what I didn't like and what they could do to make it a better truck. I would like a chance to tell Ford what they could do to improve the F-150.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hated the dealer surveys they used to send me. They'd pressure me into giving them high marks whether they deserved them or not.

Agreed. That whole, the salesman's going to be fired/punished/etc if he/she doesn't get perfect marks, is just pointless. Leaves no room for constructive criticism. And the customer is not always right. Some folks have unrealistic expectations and crappy behavior that makes it unbearable to work with them.

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor that I bought in May 2019 and I got the initial survey about how was your buying experience. I haven't received anything further from ford. I had a 2017 Ram 1500 and in 2 years I received two surveys asking how I liked my Ram 1500. The survey asked what I liked and what I didn't like and what they could do to make it a better truck. I would like a chance to tell Ford what they could do to improve the F-150.

If you create an account on FordPass (find the link on Ford's main site) you may get more of what you're looking for. I have received several survey requests from Ford and I'll assume it's because of the account I made.

Gen2Vmax

Reaction score
I hated the dealer surveys they used to send me. They'd pressure me into giving them high marks whether they deserved them or not.

I actually gave the salesmen a good review, but torched the finance manager, and they called, and pestered me non stop about the bad review/reviews. I made sure to name the finance manager in every review. The issue I had was when I went to place my order I mentioned to the finance manager what interest rates I had secured through my credit union and his response was I can beat that. I told him I didn't care who I financed the remaining amount through just as long as it was better than what I had secured. Took approximately 3 months for my truck to arrive. The day it arrived I was exhausted from working a double so I did not check the interest he had gotten. A week had past and I kept thinking my payments were about $50 more than I thought they should of been. I decided to check his rates and it was nearly 3 times what I had secured. I was pissed I had to re-finance the loan to get the better rate and I felt it was shady. I made sure I wrote reviews on the dealer one they sent, and dealerrator.com, google, etc, anywhere I could find a place to point out this shady crap. It seemed to have an effect, I got phone calls, offers to have a free detailing, etc.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The above is the sort of thing these dealership reviews should be about. Recognition of actual issues so that the dealer can make up for it and/or change their procedures so that it doesn't happen again.

Out of curiosity, when you have a vehicle ordered like this, can you lock in the rates at the time you put in your order? With vehicles, I've always gotten approve no more than a week before I took it home. With homes, I don't think I've ever locked in a rate for more than a month. So I can see where rates may have changed for the above situation, but the dealership should have taken states to make sure rates were properly communicated...even to a tired human. The Fin Mgr should have had notes on your previous conversation that you had secured a rate on your own and what rate you were looking to beat. Regardless of actuality, it looks as if the dealership was trying to take advantage of you.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 2019....the best way to get the attention of a global corporation is to tag them on Twitter/Facebook and watch them trip over themselves trying to address your concerns. Surveys mean jack shit - they know most of their dealer network is horrible, as most automakers network is.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually gave the salesmen a good review, but torched the finance manager, and they called, and pestered me non stop about the bad review/reviews. I made sure to name the finance manager in every review. The issue I had was when I went to place my order I mentioned to the finance manager what interest rates I had secured through my credit union and his response was I can beat that. I told him I didn't care who I financed the remaining amount through just as long as it was better than what I had secured. Took approximately 3 months for my truck to arrive. The day it arrived I was exhausted from working a double so I did not check the interest he had gotten. A week had past and I kept thinking my payments were about $50 more than I thought they should of been. I decided to check his rates and it was nearly 3 times what I had secured. I was pissed I had to re-finance the loan to get the better rate and I felt it was shady. I made sure I wrote reviews on the dealer one they sent, and dealerrator.com, google, etc, anywhere I could find a place to point out this shady crap. It seemed to have an effect, I got phone calls, offers to have a free detailing, etc.

So you were mad that rates changed over 3 months and also that you didn’t even CHECK what the rate was when you signed????

I wish there was a way for businesses to rate customers so that we could know who we were dealing with in advance.

In my business, we will raise rates if we feel the customer is a pita. If they walk, so be it.