Seeing that Ford announce that the Raptor R is really coming..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southocplumber

Reaction score
My question is when you can get a fully loaded trx for 97k and then get 10k off msrp making total around 87k how is the raptor r gonna compare ? Most raptor gen3 go for 85ish msrp then you have to pay 15-20k over , since the R will be a limited run I see prices being 150k + , I just dont see how the value would be there paying over 60k more for basically the same truck , with that extra 60k you could redo to entire suspension of the trx from camburg or carli with long travel , add a shitload of Baja designs lights , custom wheels , overland racks and gear and still have money to buy a travel trailer or double seadoos and trailer, even just buy a used axis or Malibu lake boat, you could even get a small toy hauler and a loaded 4 seater can am . I’m not saying that to talk shit I’ve only owned fords my whole life I just can’t see the value unless you are a Saudi prince or a guy that already owns lambos and a bunch of exotic cars and money is no thing. I mean at that price wouldn’t you just buy/build a legit trophy truck that’s made to race Baja ?

dvm

Reaction score
My question is when you can get a fully loaded trx for 97k and then get 10k off msrp making total around 87k how is the raptor r gonna compare ? Most raptor gen3 go for 85ish msrp then you have to pay 15-20k over , since the R will be a limited run I see prices being 150k + , I just dont see how the value would be there paying over 60k more for basically the same truck , with that extra 60k you could redo to entire suspension of the trx from camburg or carli with long travel , add a shitload of Baja designs lights , custom wheels , overland racks and gear and still have money to buy a travel trailer or double seadoos and trailer, even just buy a used axis or Malibu lake boat, you could even get a small toy hauler and a loaded 4 seater can am . I’m not saying that to talk shit I’ve only owned fords my whole life I just can’t see the value unless you are a Saudi prince or a guy that already owns lambos and a bunch of exotic cars and money is no thing. I mean at that price wouldn’t you just buy/build a legit trophy truck that’s made to race Baja ?
Because if I did all that you recommend I couldn’t tell everyone I own an R. I could only say I spend as much money doing all this other stuff that would have cost as much as an R.

Reality is you may end up with a better truck in the end as a purpose built truck. However when and if I sell an R I will get almost all my money back or if I sell it soon probably more than my money back. If I sell my other purpose built truck I get nowhere near my money back.

It’s just a wiser use of the money. YMMV.

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Because if I did all that you recommend I couldn’t tell everyone I own an R. I could only say I spend as much money doing all this other stuff that would have cost as much as an R.

Reality is you may end up with a better truck in the end as a purpose built truck. However when and if I sell an R I will get almost all my money back or if I sell it soon probably more than my money back. If I sell my other purpose built truck I get nowhere near my money back.

It’s just a wiser use of the money. YMMV.
I get what your saying , maybe my prospective on money makes it harder to for me to justify , some folks a brand new Porsche is just a given others a very extravagant luxury

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

What makes you think its going to be a limited run?

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you think its going to be a limited run?
Agree - I have never seen anything from Ford that it is a "limited" run. They will build as many as they possibly can. The demand for this is going to be pretty high, EVEN with gas prices as they are. Heck, premium is cheaper here than the diesel I put in my daily driver (but it gets 22mpg).