Seeing that Ford announce that the Raptor R is really coming..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone close to the production. I will leave it at that. You don’t have to believe it.

I want to believe…truly. But more ‘news’ releases from any person other than an official Ford spokesperson is just smoke and mirrors.

Still searching for any official word…hell, even a valid tip or hint from someone who officially speaks for Ford.

My ‘18 is in for a likely oil pump, probable bottom end, and definitely the third set of cam phasers. Love the thing, but almost ready to jump ship.

The Raptor R may keep me in the fold.

I want to see it happen…and motivated to action if it’s real. Otherwise time to buy another beater truck and jump on that RS6 Avant wagon (see what I did there, LoL) before it’s too late.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to believe…truly. But more ‘news’ releases from any person other than an official Ford spokesperson is just smoke and mirrors.

Still searching for any official word…hell, even a valid tip or hint from someone who officially speaks for Ford.

My ‘18 is in for a likely oil pump, probable bottom end, and definitely the third set of cam phasers. Love the thing, but almost ready to jump ship.

I want to see it happen…and motivated to action if it’s real. Otherwise time to buy another beater truck and jump on that RS6 Avant wagon (see what I did there, LoL) before it’s too late.

I understand your frustration but I don't think the RS6 will make you feel any better. I want one as well but Audi left a very bitter taste in my mouth with the RS3 order I had when they were first released.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

First of all, the RS6 is a beast. Absolutely beautiful machine.

BUT…. Why not flip your 18’ on a new 37 Raptor! I just picked mine up and it is awesome. I also had a fully loaded Gen 2 with the Recaro seats and all. The Gen 3 is a totally new animal. The suspension is insane and the interior is full of tech and modern now. Just saying… it is worth the jump. Then when the Raptor R comes, flip the 37 truck on it. The Gen 3 will not go down in value for years.

Last edited:

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, the RS6 is a beast. Absolutely beautiful machine.

BUT…. Why not flip your 18’ on a new 37 Raptor! I just picked mine up and it is awesome. I also had a fully loaded Gen 2 with the Recaro seats and all. The Gen 3 is a totally new animal. The suspension is insane and the interior is full of tech and modern now. Just saying… it is worth the jump. Then when the Raptor R comes, flip the 37 truck on it. The Gen 3 will not go down in value for years.
Right now, the only thing I’d remotely consider is a ‘20 SCAB. The V8 in an R might bring me over, but I have zero need for a 4-door truck. And if I did, I’d just borrow my son’s.

Really hoping they do a SCAB as a homologation special for racing, but not holding my breath.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, the only thing I’d remotely consider is a ‘20 SCAB. The V8 in an R might bring me over, but I have zero need for a 4-door truck. And if I did, I’d just borrow my son’s.

Really hoping they do a SCAB as a homologation special for racing, but not holding my breath.
Highly doubt the R will be available in a scab.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you remember back, Jim Farley confirmed it:

Any insight or speculation on the MSRP?

That has been rehashed here many times, but there is no way it’s cheaper than a Bronco R…. and that is a crap ton of money!! It will be unaffordable, and a disappointment to compete with a TRX… assuming it’s even street legal. I still question if it will be since the Bronco R is not street legal.

BeechAV8R

Reaction score
If you remember back, Jim Farley confirmed it:

That has been rehashed here many times, but there is no way it’s cheaper than a Bronco R…. and that is a crap ton of money!! It will be unaffordable, and a disappointment to compete with a TRX… assuming it’s even street legal. I still question if it will be since the Bronco R is not street legal.

In that case...I'm hoping its not street legal. Makes my decision making process ALOT easier! LOL