Sedona? Yes it's that Beautiful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WEV

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of the park with these pics Mr. M! You remind us all of just how beautiful and diverse our landscape really is. Heaven blessed….

Jester777z

Reaction score
Hey John, what times of year are better for weather/temps, and crowds?

I went once and loved it, but no off-roading at that time. Leaving on a Saturday morning, the traffic went on for miles…

PS - January, after the holidays, hoping to meet up with you sometime and at least pick your brain about local off roading options, if not take a day or two and tag along.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Hey John, what times of year are better for weather/temps, and crowds?

I went once and loved it, but no off-roading at that time. Leaving on a Saturday morning, the traffic went on for miles…

PS - January, after the holidays, hoping to meet up with you sometime and at least pick your brain about local off roading options, if not take a day or two and tag along.
IMHO there isn’t a bad time to visit, but… with all of these Couch Cruisers getting outside all of a sudden during the China Syndrome everything is getting over-run. Case in point Angeles Landing will now require a MFING permission slip from Big Brother to hike :(
Probably my favorite times there are Fall during the color change and Winter.
Sedona can get OVER-RUN easily on the Holidays and Weekends, being only one Road in and out of the Y.
That being said you can still have a great time by following “John’s Rules to Avoid the Ftards on your Adventures”
1. Start early. Even if the town is over-run if you’re up at 0400/0500 you can have some solitude and still get around. You will have logged some miles either 4x4 or 4xFoot by the time they roll out the rack and look for a Starfks.
2. Rule #2 -NEVER let the WEATHER dictate your adventures. Either Extremes, Hot or Cold separates those that really want to be there. I hike When it’s 120 but I am prepared and don’t see anyone:)
The Desert can be extremely cold when it’s 38 and windy, like -20 Minnesota Cold. Dress appropriately and hit the Trail.
Cold weather is a great time for Sedona, Moab, Yosemite, Sequoia and everywhere else. Some of my best times were Jan-Mar in all of these places.
3. Last and most important…
Learn to be still, slow down and enjoy every moment of your Journey.
It’s been a hard lesson for me to learn. I’m that Type A that can Never sit still and wants to go, go, go.
Go fewer miles, be it foot or 4x4 and Take more Pictures. I use to try and hyper-plan my adventures, I have to do this trail and that trail etc. Now a lot of times I will look at the map the night before and decide a plan for the next day. I’m a lot more flexible now and my wife enjoys it A Lot more now, when I’m not pushing an itinerary.

We are not guaranteed the next ten minutes, much less tomorrow.
Life is a Run-Away Train…Enjoy the Ride :)

End of Sermon (Can you tell I like to hear myself talk?)