Security Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LBGrunt

Reaction score
First time posting.

Problem: My security alarm continues to randomly go off for no apparent reason. The problem started after the last time I had it serviced a couple of weeks ago (15K mile service).

Any thoughts before I break down and take it into the dealership? Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

Something else I noticed is after the 15K service is when I press the alarm button on my FOB to arm the alarm the horn beeps twice now. It used to only beep once. I assume the dealership adjusted some setting somewhere which is causing the security alarm to be a PITA now. Thoughts?

2013 Roush Raptor - Terrain (15,000 miles so far)

Thanks,

LB

OP
OP
L

LBGrunt

Reaction score
Just went outside and did the following:
1. Press the FOB once to ARM the alarm. Doors locked.
2. Pressed the FOB twice to ARM the alarm. I got two horn chirps.
3. Pressed the REMOTE START button after #2 above and got a single horn chirp. The truck did not remote start.
4. Tried this a couple of times with the same result.

Looks like I'll be calling the dealership to make an appointment.

OP
OP
L

LBGrunt

Reaction score
I'm done ******** with it at this point as it has worked fine for almost a year then the alarm just started losing it's mind the past 2 weeks going off randomly for no rhyme or reason. I have a service appointment at 0700 tomorrow morning. We'll see what the issue is then, hopefully. I'll back brief this thread on what they discover/the fix is.

Thanks!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm done ******** with it at this point as it has worked fine for almost a year then the alarm just started losing it's mind the past 2 weeks going off randomly for no rhyme or reason. I have a service appointment at 0700 tomorrow morning. We'll see what the issue is then, hopefully. I'll back brief this thread on what they discover/the fix is.

Thanks!

Thanks for offering to keep us posted, LBGrunt. I'll stick around this thread to see if you need any help from my neck of the woods.

Crystal

OP
OP
L

LBGrunt

Reaction score
Spot on. Took it to the dealer. 10 minutes later I was on my way. Stupid hood pin. How about a recall since this seems to be a common issue on ALL F150s. Grrr.

LB

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spot on. Took it to the dealer. 10 minutes later I was on my way. Stupid hood pin. How about a recall since this seems to be a common issue on ALL F150s. Grrr.

LB
its very easy to lean on it if you are doing work under the hood. and that can cause it to bend and no longer function properly. that is the main cause. was yours faulty?

OP
OP
L

LBGrunt

Reaction score
Last time the hood was opened was 2 weeks ago when I had my 15K service performed at the dealership.

LB

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Can someone post a picture of said hood pin aka faulty unicorn so I know what to look for should this happen again?

LB