Secured an allocation with build date - but if I change the build to 37’s will it push back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tsunami436

tsunami436

Reaction score
Nice to hear he doesn’t have a clue! Hope his knowledge of his number of allocations and me being number 1 is better!
He did me a solid in letting me change color and wheels. I’ll just sit patiently until build week and hope it doesn’t get pushed back now

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes your dealer hasn't a clue. they are totally separate allocations. dealers I talked to have waiting lists for both. thats why I was hunting down a 21 that came in that couldn't be delivered for one reason or another. wish I found the 37 but found a 35 and snatched it up. LF grey. hoping the LF becomes the extremely sought after hard to get color (unicorn).
What if you have a 37 allocation but change from a 37 to a 35?

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume it to be easier to find a 35 truck vs changing your order. The 37s are like 1 out of 5-6 trucks that I seem to find right now available.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you have a 37 allocation but change from a 37 to a 35?
I would assume you can't change a 37 allocation to a 35 either. there are set numbers of each based on criteria that ford sets. wether its material to build or just plain numbers to keep resale values stable and as high as possible on the vehicle. that way they can justify the higher price. based on the used sales market.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been working to find an allocation for a few months now and after exhausting my phone and email account, a friend in Texas hooked me up with an allocation that has a build date of 3/16/22. It originally was everything I wanted except for color and factory forged wheels. I have been in touch and they allowed me to change the color from agate black to iconic silver, and they let me change the wheels from the cast to the forged (I like the look better and I had the same on my gen 2 magnetic grey).

I’ve been thinking about it on and off as he said there will be a point where I can’t make any other changes. If I switch to the 37 package could that possibly push my build date out? What have we heard? Or is everything customizable? I do have a VIN already. I love just driving cars stock it will see off-roading but that will not be its main use as it will be my daily driver and fun car to go up to our cabin in Utah in some dry lake trails.

Thanks in advance and I’m so excited to be apart of the raptor community again.
Yes. That dealership may not have a 37 allocation. Ford is only building like 18% of he raptors as 37’s.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
He did me a solid in letting me change color and wheels. I’ll just sit patiently until build week and hope it doesn’t get pushed back now
Absolutely will push your date back, best chance for holding build date is to leave as is...

Rbuon

Reaction score
I had a build date of 2/21/2022 and the dealer went in and deleted the Spray in Bed Liner due to a material issues at Ford. I also would not believe the build dates either. My build date changed 4 times with the latest slip of 2 weeks to 3/7/2022.
Our dealers also get an allocation for a Raptor and the 37 package is just an option. But , good luck getting a build date for that option.
Im getting very frustrated with the ordering process at Ford. I cannot believe how poorly they schedule vehicles for production. Just my view!