Secured an allocation with build date - but if I change the build to 37’s will it push back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsunami436

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been working to find an allocation for a few months now and after exhausting my phone and email account, a friend in Texas hooked me up with an allocation that has a build date of 3/16/22. It originally was everything I wanted except for color and factory forged wheels. I have been in touch and they allowed me to change the color from agate black to iconic silver, and they let me change the wheels from the cast to the forged (I like the look better and I had the same on my gen 2 magnetic grey).

I’ve been thinking about it on and off as he said there will be a point where I can’t make any other changes. If I switch to the 37 package could that possibly push my build date out? What have we heard? Or is everything customizable? I do have a VIN already. I love just driving cars stock it will see off-roading but that will not be its main use as it will be my daily driver and fun car to go up to our cabin in Utah in some dry lake trails.

Thanks in advance and I’m so excited to be apart of the raptor community again.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you can’t change to a 37. That is a separate allocation. At least that’s how it was in 21 for my 37.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. 37's are separate allocations and extremely hard to get. you may never get the truck

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Iowa an allocation is an allocation, doesn’t matter 35 or 37, according to my dealer. But you might be waiting longer on 37! Ask your dealership to be sure.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Iowa an allocation is an allocation, doesn’t matter 35 or 37, according to my dealer. But you might be waiting longer on 37! Ask your dealership to be sure.
yes your dealer hasn't a clue. they are totally separate allocations. dealers I talked to have waiting lists for both. thats why I was hunting down a 21 that came in that couldn't be delivered for one reason or another. wish I found the 37 but found a 35 and snatched it up. LF grey. hoping the LF becomes the extremely sought after hard to get color (unicorn).

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes your dealer hasn't a clue. they are totally separate allocations. dealers I talked to have waiting lists for both. thats why I was hunting down a 21 that came in that couldn't be delivered for one reason or another. wish I found the 37 but found a 35 and snatched it up. LF grey. hoping the LF becomes the extremely sought after hard to get color (unicorn).
Nice to hear he doesn’t have a clue! Hope his knowledge of his number of allocations and me being number 1 is better!