Secondary SYNB USB mod Problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I followed the walk thru posted here. I plug in a Mini USB to Female A adapter then run it to a FAT32 Formatted HDD that worked PERFECTLY when plugged into the front faceplate.
But when I gave the command for USB2, it said no USB 2 device found.

The HDD is on when plugged in. This also happens to an IPOD, but the Ipod doesnt charge. what have i done wrong?

Also....i kinda Macgyver'ed the USB cable coming out of the USB2 port...Couldnt find a Mini USB to Female "A" extension cable, so i spliced the mini usb onto a female "A" extension cable.
Doubt this could be it tho.

Still continuing the hunt for the proper cables tho.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try a cell phone or photo place for the mini cable... it is the charging/syncing line for most modern cell phones and cameras...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I'd suspect your McGyver'd cable too Nacho.

Try a new one and see if the issue goes away. If you can't find one, let me know. I might could send you one.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's got to be your cables Nacho. One of the installation pages actually has links to the parts needed for the installation.

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's got to be your cables Nacho. One of the installation pages actually has links to the parts needed for the installation.

Hey thanks. I just wrote you back on the PM before i saw your post. Going to order the cable. will give feed back when its installed.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long of a cable did you order and while you're at it - which one did you order? Might as well get it out there.

Speaking of this mod - has anyone seen Scott (NoCaDiver)? I haven't seen him in a while - has anyone heard from him?

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I Just ordered a USB Female to Female gender converter on Amazon for 1 cent.....PLUS 4.99 Shipping LOL . I have Two 6ft USB A to Mini-USB cables i'll be running. I forgot how far USB cables an go without loosing integrity.
One from the center console which I already ran under to behind the dash (which was a pain in the a$$) and the one i'll connect to the USB2 port and run down behind the dash...both connected by the female to female converter.

Scott was on here just now. and he wrote me a PM about it as well.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A quick check on wikipedia gives a 2.0 cable a usable distance of 15 feet and 10 feet for a USB 1.0 cable.