Second trip - go west

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went out to visit my Mom two weeks ago. She lives in Washington state and the senior living complex where she lives started letting her out. Before, she could leave, it's not a prison, but then she had to self quarantine for 19 day when she returned. Totally not worth it. I decided to road trip out and visit before those crazy left-coasters locked her in again. First stop, Baker Hot Springs north of Delta UT:
upload_2020-6-26_19-10-38.jpeg

On to the Old River Bed where I found an old Ford to put next to my new Ford:
upload_2020-6-26_19-11-34.jpeg

And then a night at the mouth of Granite Canyon nearby:
upload_2020-6-26_19-12-24.jpeg

A forgettable night in Southern Idaho, best forgotten. Exploring doesn't always pan out.
A nice 3.5 day visit with Mom, Sis, and BIL, who is a mechanic and F-250 owner. He was blown away. We spent 15 minutes crawling around underneath her.

And home again in the next post so as to not run over the image limit.

upload_2020-6-26_19-15-35.jpeg

upload_2020-6-26_19-16-35.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Edit to add: I have no idea what happened with the images. I tried to fix it with an edit and failed. You get the idea, anyway.

And off toward home again. Strawberry Lake, OR. No Raptor content, those tree-huggers would have shot me(if they had guns) had I driven there. It was a nice walk.
View attachment 146545

Then City of Rocks, ID. Quite nice. Another great hike.
View attachment 146546

And the last night before home, San Rafael Swell UT. Warm. Gnats. Should have stayed north and gone to the Snowies. Next time.
upload_2020-6-26_19-21-58.jpeg

It turned out well for such short notice. I decided to go on Sunday night and rolled Monday morning, so there wasn't really any time for planning, I just sort of winged it. There were a couple of misfires, like Oregon shutting down the entire Columbia River Gorge b/c Covid, sabotaging my plan for a waterfall hike, and finding nothing but sagebrush and wind in Northern Nevada/Southern Idaho, but I still had a lot of fun. I cleared 5k miles in 7 weeks of ownership. What a nice ride.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

I went out to visit my Mom two weeks ago. She lives in Washington state and the senior living complex where she lives started letting her out. Before, she could leave, it's not a prison, but then she had to self quarantine for 19 day when she returned. Totally not worth it. I decided to road trip out and visit before those crazy left-coasters locked her in again. First stop, Baker Hot Springs north of Delta UT:
View attachment 146538

On to the Old River Bed where I found an old Ford to put next to my new Ford:
View attachment 146539

And then a night at the mouth of Granite Canyon nearby:
View attachment 146540

A forgettable night in Southern Idaho, best forgotten. Exploring doesn't always pan out.
A nice 3.5 day visit with Mom, Sis, and BIL, who is a mechanic and F-250 owner. He was blown away. We spent 15 minutes crawling around underneath her.

And home again in the next post so as to not run over the image limit.

View attachment 146545

View attachment 146546

Where in southern Idaho? Great pics and looks like an awesome trip.

Lol never mind. Looks like you stated the location info in your second picture as I made my post.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where in southern Idaho? Great pics and looks like an awesome trip.

I found a spot between Twin Falls and Mountain Home south of I-84 on some BLM land. I found a natural gas pipeline right-of-way and followed the two track over a couple of hills to a secluded campsite. Not terribly scenic, windy as all get out, but private and peaceful.