Second Thoughts on Raptor... Tremor maybe?

Which vehicle should I get for frequent non Baja four wheeling?

• Stick with the Raptor, a Tremor with a suspension can’t compete

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Go for the Tremor, it will keep up with a Raptor in the rocks

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the rear blocks?

Nope. Per Deaver. They retain the rear blocks. Not sure why but they said it's better. I have the KHC bar installed so I'm not concerned about wheel hop and RPG says it works with stock spring setup which includes blocks.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Per Deaver. They retain the rear blocks. Not sure why but they said it's better. I have the KHC bar installed so I'm not concerned about wheel hop and RPG says it works with stock spring setup which includes blocks.

Now I’m lost. I thought the blocks were a cheap way to add some height and that the correct way to do it was with more leaf spring altitude but I’m far from being a leaf spring expert.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I’m lost. I thought the blocks were a cheap way to add some height and that the correct way to do it was with more leaf spring altitude but I’m far from being a leaf spring expert.

Ford decided to use a 2" block from the factory on the Raptor, they are talking about keeping the stock block. The Deaver springs +2 are actually stock height without the block. Blocks are still bad.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford decided to use a 2" block from the factory on the Raptor, they are talking about keeping the stock block. The Deaver springs +2 are actually stock height without the block. Blocks are still bad.

That’s what I thought... at least until Deaver said it was better with the block per the post I quoted.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stock blocks are 2.5".

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agreed. My understanding as well. I don't know why Deaver chose this path. I trust their decision though as they are the best in the business.
I almost wanted to just demand they do it but I'm sure they had their reasons. I even spoke to the guy who actually will make the spring. I'm gonna guess it's because of my particular application and need but I don't know. I really appreciated that instead of upselling me they actually put me into a cheaper solution...almost 500.00 cheaper and I made it clear that money was not an obstacle. Repeatedly they guided me to this solution soooo...I'll take it:)