Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am really the only person in my truck ever so the seats are wearing uneven. The drivers seat is getting a little worn and packed. Is it possible to swap the seat back and bottom from left to right and right to left?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mtunender,
I would think that it should be an easy swap....however the seat frames are different so it will be switching the foam from one side to another. It might be cheaper to take it to an upholstering shop and have them put in fresh foam in just the driver's seat.
Let me know how you make out; I just turned 100,000 miles and the driver's seat bottom needs replacement too...

Eddie

OP
OP
mtunender

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mtunender,
I would think that it should be an easy swap....however the seat frames are different so it will be switching the foam from one side to another. It might be cheaper to take it to an upholstering shop and have them put in fresh foam in just the driver's seat.
Let me know how you make out; I just turned 100,000 miles and the driver's seat bottom needs replacement too...

Eddie

I just turned 50K but living in LA I spend a ton of time in traffic. I also use it for sales calls I am in and out a lot.

I thought if i could "rotate" the seats I could keep them even wear and more comfort for me.

I think I should be able to just swap the backs and bottoms. I understand the frame will need to stay.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bet that driver side door handle will need swapped out also. Haha.. just jokin.. I totally get what your saying, I’m only one night my truck also and my passenger seat never has anybody hardly sitting in it. So in a year or two I will be in same boat as you as I look at my seats.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
You could try stripping oils and contaminants out of them with some rubbing alcohol. Then steaming them to shrink the leather back to original, and conditioning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro