Seat cover wrinkles/Warranty issues...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
Going to take a contrary position here... I would just live with it. Try again if you are truly bothered, but if it isn't perfect on the next go around I would just enjoy the truck. No disagreements that it isn't "right" but you're going to trash your enjoyment of the truck over something you never see when you're driving it (you're sitting on it...). Chances are the seats will degrade over time either way. My front seat leather is a little loose as well, bothered me at first, but honestly who cares.

gwdlaw

Reaction score
I had same issue. Passenger seat fine, driver seat has wrinkles. Went to dealership (in December) and they supposedly ordered me a new seat. They said replacing the cover would not look right. Also ordered me a new driver door panel (they put a 37 blue panel in my 35 - should have been grey). I will try and call today and see if parts have arrived. B743BA4B-329B-4EB6-A5A7-5C9A98DFD3ED.jpeg

metalwhiz

Reaction score
Going to take a contrary position here... I would just live with it. Try again if you are truly bothered, but if it isn't perfect on the next go around I would just enjoy the truck. No disagreements that it isn't "right" but you're going to trash your enjoyment of the truck over something you never see when you're driving it (you're sitting on it...). Chances are the seats will degrade over time either way. My front seat leather is a little loose as well, bothered me at first, but honestly who cares.
I would care. You spend that much on a premium truck, and the seats shouldn't be wrinkly. Shouldn't leave the factory that way. It would bug the hell out of me. My 2018 seats are nice and tight, just like over 3 years ago when I drove it off the lot.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I had same issue. Passenger seat fine, driver seat has wrinkles. Went to dealership (in December) and they supposedly ordered me a new seat. They said replacing the cover would not look right. Also ordered me a new driver door panel (they put a 37 blue panel in my 35 - should have been grey). I will try and call today and see if parts have arrived.

I would just have Ford order all of the 37 package for you instead. I mean, you already have 1 door panel.

OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re sending it to an upholsterer this week. Service manager tried to tell me it would tighten up with heat. Probably the last time I use that dealer.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re sending it to an upholsterer this week. Service manager tried to tell me it would tighten up with heat. Probably the last time I use that dealer.
lol yeah, when it heats up, you can stretch it out and re-attach it maybe, but just heating it up isn't going to make it more snug.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would care. You spend that much on a premium truck, and the seats shouldn't be wrinkly. Shouldn't leave the factory that way. It would bug the hell out of me. My 2018 seats are nice and tight, just like over 3 years ago when I drove it off the lot.
I would care also. My '20 seats still look like I never sat on them.
I would be surprised if a shop can't make them look nice.