Searching for answers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Bulls

Reaction score
Hello everyone: For those who own a Raptor, I keep hoping to join you one day. My frustrations have been getting to me lately; not from the waiting but the lack of information and what seems to "too bad, so sad" attitude from my dealer.
If anyone can shed some light on my order, I would be truly appreciative.
Here is my questions:
I ordered my 2022 Raptor on February 4 of 2022. My dealer told me then 5-8 months. I still do not ever a VIN nor can I find out anything from my dealer as a 'ballpark" idea as to when I might hear something.
Now Ford is taking orders for 2023; I have not received any email from Ford saying they are moving my order to a 2023. On my last visit to my dealer, the GM said this to me, " I think we need to put in a new order for a 2023"; He put in a new order for a 2023 in my name. I now have two orders in my name; one for the original 2022 and now this 2023 order.

I asked where do I stand in line in getting my Raptor and the GM said "you are 3rd in line"; I asked how many allocations do you guys get for 2023 Raptors and no matter how hard I tried to get an answer, I did not get one.
This dealer in my city is one of the largest in the state.

Is anyone who has a 2023 order in have a VIN yet and if so, how can I not be in front of anyone just putting in a new 2023 order?
MY order is for a Rapid Red; 37 package, carbon package, vault, spray in bed liner, retractable bed cover, pretty much all the bells and whistles. This is going to be my retirement gift to myself. I worked at Ford for 35 years, retired started my own business, worked more hours and harder than ever and now looking to head to the lake more often with my wife.

Will I be in front of any new 2023 orders? What is a realistic timeline should I be hoping for? Why is it that my original order has a price of $89000 and now I am looking at damn near $100,000 and this is without any mark up from the dealer. Ford is raising prices and I am old school. You quote me a price, write it down, I sign it, that is what I pay. How can they quote a price, you sign it, and then they tell you tough shit, prices have gone up.

If I quote a customer a price, give it to them, they sign it, I have to honor that agreement no matter what I run into. If you are a business, you know this and put it in writing this quote is subject to market changes or some BS like this.

Can anyone give me some real information to help me get some sort of idea on how long of a wait I have in front of me?
Thank to everyone who took the time to read this; hope to post my pictures one day of my new Raptor.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old school or not... your dealer is lacking and needs to do better. I can help but you have a lot going on here with your dealer either being aloof or not forthright, the lack of clarity and understanding on ordering specialty Ford vehicles. Your 100k figure is a question mark also. Did you receive a order preview, purchase agreement and/or order confirm email from Ford?? If not start there... if you did receive an order email confirmation from Ford... then inquire about the allocation and request a snapshot of the VVR screen with your order no., priority and status. Then reach back out. If you don't have these things or can't receive these things... this dealer is likely not a solid contender for specialty vehicle allocations whether direct or not.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer never had an allocation and took your order hoping to get one. That is dishonest. Call around and find a new dealer.
THIS.

No allocation means there’s a 95% chance you won’t get the truck. Why?

well, it’s complicated but part of it is Ford was completely flat footed going into China Virus. Observe.

I think Ford is in a lot worse shape than most realize. Listen to the commercials carefully and you’ll notice they’re now saying “come into the dealership and ORDER your dream vehicle” ... That’s a clue.

He put in a new order for a 2023 in my name. I now have two orders in my name; one for the original 2022 and now this 2023 order.
This is a scam. The stealership will take the “spare” truck and tack on a $30k ADM to it if you cancel. Ford is now requiring signed customer orders for special order allocations(?) In fact, it may have been his plan all along.

I asked how many allocations do you guys get for 2023 Raptors and no matter how hard I tried to get an answer, I did not get one.
This dealer in my city is one of the largest in the state.
If they won’t tell you, the answer is zero, OR, they’ve had their allocations yanked or cut back for excessive ADM greed / overcharging.
Can anyone give me some real information to help me get some sort of idea on how long of a wait I have in front of me?
I’ve been seeing about 10-15 months.
Honestly, you’re better off trying to land a Jen Too 2017-2020.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I picked up a '22 last week and chatted with the owner for a bit. He said they had a dealer meeting in Vegas recently and the CEO said something like half the dealers would not be getting Raptors next year, while some will get several.

Probably not news you want to hear, but plan accordingly I guess.

I would order the most stripped down Raptor you can and do not get 37's. Mine has 35's and only option is moonroof/tailgate, still took almost 8 months from start to finish.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take is that your dealer is incompetent. They likely never had an allocation and strung you along hoping supply chains would be sorted by now and they would be given another allocation. They haven't, and now your dealer is continuing to string you along.

At this point I would give up all hope on ever seeing that 22 truck. Time to call every dealer in the continental united states and inquire about a 23 order.

As far as prices go, if you have a signed order sheet from your dealer pre February? (Someone fact check me) you should be entitled to the original price, other than that you're SOL and facing the insane inflation that is permeated all facets of life. That one you can blame on the Fed for printing infinite money and handing it to bankers to gamble away and inflate all hard assets (houses, commercial property, vehicles, etc).

Last thing, ask yourself if you NEED all those options that are driving your MSRP up. Things like bed liner and tonneau cover can be accomplished in the aftermarket for less than what Ford would charge (and might speed up delivery dates). Just my 2¢

BigDanD

Reaction score
I ordered my 2023 on 9-1-22 and have a vin and build date. I wanted the spray in bed liner and retractable bed cover but the dealer informed me that those options would hold up my build and they could be done after delivery.