SE or No SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Only difference is the color of the beauty ring and SVT is red. If you plan on making them all black, I have a set of just the plain ones that I can swap you before you do that. Will cover shipping both ways. :)

OP
OP
O

OkieCommander

Reaction score
Only difference is the color of the beauty ring and SVT is red. If you plan on making them all black, I have a set of just the plain ones that I can swap you before you do that. Will cover shipping both ways. :)

Ok might have to take you up on that. I have to see which one I am going to get first.

Thank you.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I like the beadlocks, however I don't like the red interior accents in the SE.

Many people love the red accent interior, but I didn't care for it either.

I like the stainless accents on the instrument panel of the SE package, but I was able to get that in my truck with the blue interior package. I guess I just like blue more than red. I also like the graphics on the bed of the SE package versus the standard graphics, but I figured I could add those later. As mentioned, the only difference in the beauty rings for the wheels is the color.

It's all personal preference, but IMO the SE package makes more sense in the Ruby Red exterior color because it's the only way to get that color truck.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One con to the SE package is NADA doesn't recognize it as a true option which could affect trade-in or resale values negatively.

D

Deleted member 12951

One con to the SE package is NADA doesn't recognize it as a true option which could affect trade-in or resale values negatively.

Dealers don't use nada or kbb anyways. They use black book (auctions, etc) and then always go lower.

The majority of the time these consumer sites seem to never list all the options anyways.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers don't use nada or kbb anyways. They use black book (auctions, etc) and then always go lower.

The majority of the time these consumer sites seem to never list all the options anyways.

MMR is usually where they get their numbers but when a lender determines the LTV (loan to value), they typically use NADA or KBB.

D

Deleted member 12951

MMR is usually where they get their numbers but when a lender determines the LTV (loan to value), they typically use NADA or KBB.

Yes Manheim Market Report is what I meant, just wasn't sure if others knew what that was or not. Hope if someone that is getting a loan for a used raptor is not counting pennies on approval/denial for a $2k option difference.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
I also bought a 2014 Ruby Red SCrew SE. The deciding factor for me was the SE package especially the red interior as I absolutely HATE an all black interior. Had one once and swore I'd never have another.

I love the red accents, just enough to break up the monotony. Of course I like the blue as well, but there's no blue SE's.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I originally ordered a ingot silver Raptor because I didn't think that I would like the red interior. The more I thought about my decision the more I wanted the other SE components and figured if I didn't like the red I could always get seat covers so I changed my order to a tux black SE. That was probably the best decision I made during the buying process because after 8 months of ownership I absolutely love the red interior, no regrets at all.