SDHQ A-Pillar mounts, G2 fit G3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know if the SDHQ A-Pillar mounts for the Gen 2 Raptor will be able to be used on the Gen 3?

I figure they wont fit but I still have my Gen 2 mounts so it would be nice to be able to use them again. They make a solid mount for the Gen2 and they do have a Gen 3 application available now.20200417_170534.jpg

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone here know if the SDHQ A-Pillar mounts for the Gen 2 Raptor will be able to be used on the Gen 3?

I figure they wont fit but I still have my Gen 2 mounts so it would be nice to be able to use them again. They make a solid mount for the Gen2 and they do have a Gen 3 application available now.View attachment 335553
I would think with the new location of the antenna on the Gen 3, this might cause a bit of a problem being that these mounts bend inward.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I figure they wont fit but I still have my Gen 2 mounts so it would be nice to be able to use them again. They make a solid mount for the Gen2 and they do have a Gen 3 application available now.View attachment 335553

The Gen 3 moved the Antenna to the INNER side on the cowl. The Gen 2 had the antenna on the fender. So the Gen 2 brackets bend IN and the Gen 3 brackets bend OUT.

We developed new Heavy Duty A-Pillar mounts which are superior to the SDHQ's and they are IN STOCK. We came out with them first and in an all ONE piece design. As you see in the SDHQ photo on the Gen 3, they still have a bolt on 2nd tab. That creates a weak point with the 1 extra bolt for the support vs a fully integrated one piece 7 gauge stainless steel mount.

Ours are also less expensive.

SDHQ's 2021 Mount

sdhq-a-pillar-sdhq-13-1206-g14-ford-f150-g3-raptor__41425.1639165514.jpg

OUR 2021 Mount

IMG_3463~photo.JPEG

And here is a link to them-

And here is an install video for them as well-

Hope this helps!

John
SPV Parts

Forum statistics

Threads