Scuff plate removal - SuperCab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
I am running the gj motorsports 3rd brake light and I'm stuck on step one. Has anyone removed the passenger scuff plate (the Ford performance part)? I popped the clips on the inside but something is still holding it. Thanks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nothing but body clips and plastic trim to trim clips hold these on. Both sides. Don’t force it out, you likely have one of the long ... I don’t know what they’re called - long plastic piece that stabs into the metal tab - you probably have one that’s not perfectly straight and hanging. Move the mostly removed scuff plate around bit while prying with a body / trim removal tool.

OP
OP
T

Two Dogs

Reaction score
Nothing but body clips and plastic trim to trim clips hold these on. Both sides. Don’t force it out, you likely have one of the long ... I don’t know what they’re called - long plastic piece that stabs into the metal tab - you probably have one that’s not perfectly straight and hanging. Move the mostly removed scuff plate around bit while prying with a body / trim removal tool.
Yeah, I had to pry all four of those bastages loose. Bent the prongs in so there will be no more fighting.