SCT X4 Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookierap

Reaction score
I wanted to share my experience and hopefully help other members with their tune choices. I own a 2019 802A and decided to wake her up a little. After looking at different set ups I decided to purchase the Corsa Muffler Upgrade, the Corsa Closed Box Dry Filter Intake (49835D) and SCT X4 Tuner. Everything arrived last week. I installed the muffler and intake, pretty straightforward install with no issues. Muffler sounds just as described, deeper rumble at cold start without being annoying, no drone at cruising speeds and loud enough at WOT that turns heads.
Now, when I connected the tuner, it read the vehicle’s VIN and ECU but couldn’t go past the programming step. I got an Unsupported Vehicle message! I called TMG Performance Products for support and spoke to a rep who confirmed my ECU Strategy code wasn’t supported in the X4 loaded tunes I’ve purchased, but that they have finished the upgrade and was going to be loaded in their system in a few days to address the issue.
I waited four days, connected back to their site and there was the tune upgrade! After upgrading my X4 I was able to download the 93 octane tune to my truck and all worked great! There are a few options you can chose from such as disabling Auto Start/stop, tire size upgrades, rev and speed limitations and such.
I took the truck for a spin and I can not be any happier with the results. You can feel the torque and HP gains instantly, when stepping on it boost goes to the max (I was looking at the truck digital gauges and not the X4 readings) and stays through out the gear shifts. I felt the front of the truck lifting and the rear tires digging in on the road. I feel I did achieve the results I wanted for my taste. I know there are many options for tunes out there and it all depends on what you are looking for. I hope it helps and sorry if I bored anyone with my story….