SCT X4 not working on 2010 :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindgame100

Reaction score
Okays... Gots a new SCTx4 from Whipple to use with their SC (fortunately SC is not installed yet).

When I initially connected the SCT to my 2010, I had a few vehicles to choose from. I selected 6.2L F150.

It communicates, it says married. However, when I try modifying values like neu rev limited, speed limiter... Nothing changed, even though X4 says upload successful..

It's still runs like stock. Rev limit still at 3K and speed limiter kicks in at 100mph. Anyone with a 2010 had any success with the X4??

Thanks!! :)

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to drive mine around a while to completely charge the battery after sitting for a wee or two... Even a slightly low voltage affected my x4, though mine is a'12.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@mindgame100

The X4 works, did you get your Tune file emailed to you yet?
Not that you could use it without the Supercharger installed. Well you can, BUT DON'T
I should say, don't use the Tune until you have finished the install of the SC.
There may be some SCT cloud base Tune files loaded but they are lock and wouldn't work anyway.

Normally, Whipple drop ships the X4 to you directly and then sends you the Supercharged Tune file via email.
They will be no other Tunes on the X4, from Whipple.
The Tune file emailed to you (which is a .cef), will have the last 8 digits ADF _ _ _ _ _ of your registration.
The description will be different once it's loaded on the X4.

First thing you need to do is make sure the X4 is completely updated with the latest firmware from SCT.

https://derivesystems.helpjuice.com/sct-software/353181-device-updater

Manual:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/helpjuice-static/helpjuice_production/uploads/upload/image/4404/direct/1549061799662-7015-99_X4_QIG_v2.0_(EPA).pdf
You need a good working PC!

FYI, The 3000 rpm rev limiter in neutral does not change.

Also: it is important to not let the voltage drop under 13.2-13.5 volts when Tuning.
Since turning the key on will turn the HE fans and pump on it will drain the battery at a good pace, best to have a charger hooked up.

Make sure no accessories, lights, radio are on. Don't open or close doors.
I sit in the car with the windows open and doors closed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mindgame100

mindgame100

Reaction score
@mindgame100

The X4 works, did you get your Tune file emailed to you yet?
Not that you could use it without the Supercharger installed. Well you can, BUT DON'T
I should say, don't use the Tune until you have finished the install of the SC.
There may be some SCT cloud base Tune files loaded but they are lock and wouldn't work anyway.

Normally, Whipple drop ships the X4 to you directly and then sends you the Supercharged Tune file via email.
They will be no other Tunes on the X4, from Whipple.
The Tune file emailed to you (which is a .cef), will have the last 8 digits ADF _ _ _ _ _ of your registration.
The description will be different once it's loaded on the X4.

First thing you need to do is make sure the X4 is completely updated with the latest firmware from SCT.

https://derivesystems.helpjuice.com/sct-software/353181-device-updater

Manual:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/helpjuice-static/helpjuice_production/uploads/upload/image/4404/direct/1549061799662-7015-99_X4_QIG_v2.0_(EPA).pdf
You need a good working PC!

FYI, The 3000 rpm rev limiter in neutral does not change.

Also: it is important to not let the voltage drop under 13.2-13.5 volts when Tuning.
Since turning the key on will turn the HE fans and pump on it will drain the battery at a good pace, best to have a charger hooked up.

Make sure no accessories, lights, radio are on. Don't open or close doors.
I sit in the car with the windows open and doors closed.

Thanks MTF!!!

Yup got the tunes file, however, was trying to get the pre built SCT tunes in the X4 to work. Nothing worked...

Contacted SCT support, they sent over a test tune for me to upload into the X4. Didnt work.

During programming made sure no voltage drops, radio, HE fans, AC, etc... was off except for dashboard. Still no change in ECU. Ignored the neu rev limit, only asked for 91 octane and speed limiter removed. limiter still kicked in at 100MPH.

Sent over to support pic of both my ECU sticker and the X4 device info.

Lost 1 count of unlock from trying out the DEMO mode. So just by testing DEMO, you will lose a unlock count from 5 to 4.

I'm glad that in a way, I tried all these tunes and they are not working. Just imagine if I slammed in the SC and cant start it because my ECU cant run the whipple tune and the truck is sitting like a brick..

Hopefully, SCT will figure out what the issue is, and when all is good, whipple's tune will run as it should :)

Thanks~!!!!! :)