SCT X4 canned tunes on stock truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
SCT had their great tuner giveaway last month and due to the fact I never win anything I entered my wife and myself. Now something happened in the cosmos and certain stars must have aligned because not only my wife won but so did I! My first question is will the SCT X4 canned tunes improve anything on a completely 100% stock 2010 6.2 Raptor? Secondly what the hell do I do with the second one? I don't think I will be using the tune if there is no improvement with out upgrading but would maybe use it for the OBD reader.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Load a canned tune and see how you like it. Sell the other on the forum. If you want more out of the tune you can get one for the SCT you now own emailed to you. Avoid 5 star.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I remember correctly after talking to tech support many years back on a different issue,
I believe you have to pay to unlock the preloaded Tunes
and I don't believe they had pre-loaded Tunes for the Raptor, maybe now they have?
Going through their website, I can not find any info or feedback on their preload Tunes, kind of strange.
They say preloaded Tunes but then they make this disclaimer.
Check here:
Derive — Do you Make and Sell Custom Tunes for SCT Tuners? (helpjuice.com)

Your going to have to call them and confirm if they do or don't.
And please let us know what they say!

Last edited:

TCR 223

Reaction score
Load a canned tune and see how you like it. Sell the other on the forum. If you want more out of the tune you can get one for the SCT you now own emailed to you. Avoid 5 star.
you mentioned avoiding 5 star. Why? dont know much about them and im looking to possibly tune my 6.2L

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SCT had their great tuner giveaway last month and due to the fact I never win anything I entered my wife and myself. Now something happened in the cosmos and certain stars must have aligned because not only my wife won but so did I! My first question is will the SCT X4 canned tunes improve anything on a completely 100% stock 2010 6.2 Raptor? Secondly what the hell do I do with the second one? I don't think I will be using the tune if there is no improvement with out upgrading but would maybe use it for the OBD reader.

You could probably send the one you want to use to JDM to get a top notch tune. I'm not sure if the preloaded tunes are any good from SCT or if they actually exist.

And you could definitely use it as a OBD reader, it also gives the ability to change TPMS threshold, tire size etc... And lit the other one in the classified section.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following because I keep saying i want one for mine, but im in CA. So far I think Livernois is the only option....
You can purchase a Tune and a SCT device, just don't use your California address.
I'm sure you have a family member or good friend to send it to.
All the Tuner needs is your Vin and the Calibration Code on the sticker on the top of your PCM

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can purchase a Tune and a SCT device, just don't use your California address.
I'm sure you have a family member or good friend to send it to.
All the Tuner needs is your Vin and the Calibration Code on the sticker on the top of your PCM

My sister is in Colorado, not sure why I never even thought of this....jeez

abzack1

Reaction score
HA! I won one too. Loading the 91 tune now with CAI and speed limiter off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk