Sct tuner how an what

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surgknock

Reaction score
Got sct tuner the little hand held one used with 5star tuning only problem is only has
110 performance
Am in California lol so I guess I got screw lol but only paid 160 not bad I guess right
Now here the thing I want to at least change speedometer recalibrate for my 37 which one or which rev thing weird I had have tuners before for my Diesel an my challenger easy to change for tires size this one says revs crazy an am not trying to figure that out who here know exactly which one to put for true 37s thanks you in advance I want to at least fill good about this purchase since can’t use custom tunes or can I put 91 with octane booster for 93 custom tunes please anybody

OP
OP
surgknock

surgknock

Reaction score
Got sct tuner the little hand held one used with 5star tuning only problem is only has
110 performance
Am in California lol so I guess I got screw lol but only paid 160 not bad I guess right
Now here the thing I want to at least change speedometer recalibrate for my 37 which one or which rev thing weird I had have tuners before for my Diesel an my challenger easy to change for tires size this one says revs crazy an am not trying to figure that out who here know exactly which one to put for true 37s thanks you in advance I want to at least fill good about this purchase since can’t use custom tunes or can I put 91 with octane booster for 93 custom tunes please anybody
upload_2021-3-18_22-42-6.jpeg

OP
OP
surgknock

surgknock

Reaction score
That’s the one I got so if anybody are ready know what revs to put for 37 please let me know or if I can at least run 93 tune but we’re I live only 91 but if I should or could put octane booster or should I do the 110 an I could get race fuel but it would only be when I go to pismo or something let me know guys am lost lol

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you own a 5.4L Raptor because that is the section you posted in.

If Tune in the SCT is not configured with your vin number and PCM strategy code you will not be able to use them.
And I'm not sure if you can adjust anything without have a Tune.
But

1) Anyway, go to the tire manufacture's website and pull up the specs for your tire, revolutions per miles will be there.

2) you can run the 93 Tune, all you need to do is remove some spark advance so you don't ping.

3) Is the device unmarried?

4) If you never used this before, make sure to update the firmware on the SCT device. SCT always has updates.
Use a good running Windows PC/Laptop, download the firmware update tool from SCTflash.com and have at it.

5) I recommend backing up your Stock Tune to the PC/Laptop

Last edited:

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could always ask 5 star what theyd charge you for a 91 octane tune - they would email it to you and you just download it to a computer and transfer it to the tuner.

The tuner may or may not be set up to allow you to change revs per mile on the tires, some tuners lock everything out. Same applies for timing - some will let you remove a few degrees others you can't touch it, tuner has to do it for you.

You can also adjust revs per mile using Forscan. There are spreadsheets floating around that walk you through how to calibrate using a GPS and forscan (I believe it has you enter what the speedo says your speed is and what the GPS says it is to give you the new info to correct it).

OP
OP
surgknock

surgknock

Reaction score

1) Anyway, go to the tire manufacture's website and pull up the specs for your tire, revaluations per miles will be there.

2) you can run the 93 Tune, all you need to do is remove some spark advance so you don't ping.

4) If you never used this before make sure to update the firmware on the SCT device, SCT always has updates.
Use a good running Windows PC/Laptop download the firmware update tool from SCTflash.com and have at it.

O didn’t see that I have 6.2

OP
OP
surgknock

surgknock

Reaction score

1) Anyway, go to the tire manufacture's website and pull up the specs for your tire, revaluations per miles will be there.

4) If you never used this before make sure to update the firmware on the SCT device, SCT always has updates.
Use a good running Windows PC/Laptop download the firmware update tool from SCTflash.com and have at it.

Yes unmarried