GEN 2 SCT after new ECU/TCU firmware - WTF!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Month ago I had my 2017 Raptor in the dealer for oil pan fix and trans firmware update for the hard shifting issues. TSB had never been done on it. Dealership did the work and updated to the latest firmware for the trans. I had just gotten the SCT tuner a week before it went into the shop and messed around with it but didn't apply the 93 tune as I knew it was going to the dealership and I would just wait.

After I got the truck back I went in to apply the 93 tune and it showed unsupported vehicle. Contacted SCT and they tell me it's not in the DB and I needed to send over the ECU/ETC strategy codes the tuner was showing. Sent them over all the info they requested and then no contact from them. 2 weeks pass and I asked for an ETA. It's a stock out of the box tune not some custom tune. Was just told it's being worked on and I'll be notified. That's not what I consider an ETA. I've had 3 updates to the tuner since then and still nothing for the stock tunes.

What's everyone else's experience with SCT?

Famous last words, Should have bought a Cobb....

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get your money back and go with Goose. I have both Cobb tunes and Goose and will say its well worth just going straight to Goose.