Screwed by Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got #1 spot on the R list at MSRP at a dealer in OK. Simultaneously at same dealer, I ordered a 2022 Raptor and submitted my order on Oct 1st right when the ordered banks opened. Paid $500 deposit and 10 months later it’s still “unscheduled clean”. I’m starting to think they fibbed about allocations…

Meanwhile on the R waitlist, the dealer went from allowing MSRP to adding $10k markup a couple months ago (I said that’s fine) to adding $50k and offering it to the public before I even had a chance to say yes/no.

I think it’s time for Ford to make an option for us consumers to just custom order trucks from the factory and pay for the shipping to our homes! No more useless middlemen stealerships!
As I have read recently, that is pretty much exactly what Ford is trying to do... Dealerships will be for basically service and warranty work only. About damn time...

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
As I have read recently, that is pretty much exactly what Ford is trying to do... Dealerships will be for basically service and warranty work only. About damn time...
Ford is combating those dealers by removing allocations for not selling to the individual who ordered. They cant get rid of lots due to it significantly dropping their sales

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the trucks just sit on the lots for that coin. Even $109,000 is too much for a truck. Sorry but that’s just being greedy. Should be similar in price to a TRX.
They can’t put it at that price point because that’s where the standard raptor lives. It has to live at this higher point and lower volume.

bgrant0209

Reaction score
Well that didn’t last long…… I live in California so prices are rough. But when I bought my first Raptor in 2018 I only paid $1,000 ADM and at that time I asked to be put on a V-8 raptor list…. Dealer was gonna honor that same deal when the time came…. Literally ordered it on Monday assumed nothing had changed. He just sent me my paperwork and sure enough, $20,000 ADM….. unreal. I’m a farmer and have bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and now this crap? I’m from a small farm town too as is the dealer. Pretty heated as this was my only chance to get an R with no ADM, can’t afford it otherwise. Already at the top of my budget…. Let me know if you come across MSRP please.. DM me thanks.
I ordered one at 10000 and that was the best I found. They were as high as 40000 ADM

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn’t last long…… I live in California so prices are rough. But when I bought my first Raptor in 2018 I only paid $1,000 ADM and at that time I asked to be put on a V-8 raptor list…. Dealer was gonna honor that same deal when the time came…. Literally ordered it on Monday assumed nothing had changed. He just sent me my paperwork and sure enough, $20,000 ADM….. unreal. I’m a farmer and have bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and now this crap? I’m from a small farm town too as is the dealer. Pretty heated as this was my only chance to get an R with no ADM, can’t afford it otherwise. Already at the top of my budget…. Let me know if you come across MSRP please.. DM me thanks.
My regular dealer wants $50k over

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
File a complaint with Ford CS and provide them letter the dealer sent you. I had heard Ford warned the dealers to stop charging the ADM.

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got #1 spot on the R list at MSRP at a dealer in OK. Simultaneously at same dealer, I ordered a 2022 Raptor and submitted my order on Oct 1st right when the ordered banks opened. Paid $500 deposit and 10 months later it’s still “unscheduled clean”. I’m starting to think they fibbed about allocations…

Meanwhile on the R waitlist, the dealer went from allowing MSRP to adding $10k markup a couple months ago (I said that’s fine) to adding $50k and offering it to the public before I even had a chance to say yes/no.

I think it’s time for Ford to make an option for us consumers to just custom order trucks from the factory and pay for the shipping to our homes! No more useless middlemen stealerships!
Curious what dealer in OK - I also ordered a '22 CO 37" from Greg Darnell Ford in OK - hope we aren't dealing with the same dealer