SCREW vs. SCAB for Off Road need advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
As we are getting closer to the 2017 Raptor ordering banks opening, I find myself in a tough decision between ordering the SCAB or SCREW.

My heart wants the Super Crew, but my head tells me the Super Cab.

I plan on taking it off road at least 12 times per year. Probably once a year to Moab, and not any crazy rock crawling but sure I'll do some medium difficulty trails. As well as 4wd driving in the mountains looking for mushrooms as well as desert trails here in AZ and UT.

Most of my driving will be around town and road trips which the SRCEW will be nice for. It's rare I have anyone in the back seats of my car or SUV now. Just my small dogs in their car seat. :)

How much better is the SCAB off road then the SCREW? I don't have much experience off roading in trucks, only as a passenger.
I would love to hear from some of you that have been out with other Raptors to compare the 2 wheel bases lengths.

Thank You

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If you aren't using the back seats every day then go with the SCab. If you are putting people/kids/dogs in the back seats all the time get the SCrew. If you ever want to sleep in the back seat get the Screw. I'm 6'2 and I've slept in back seat of the SCab a few times and about 4-5am I'm usually kicking myself for not getting the SCrew

OP
OP
V

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't using the back seats every day then go with the SCab. If you are putting people/kids/dogs in the back seats all the time get the SCrew. If you ever want to sleep in the back seat get the Screw. I'm 6'2 and I've slept in back seat of the SCab a few times and about 4-5am I'm usually kicking myself for not getting the SCrew

LOL. I"m afraid I'll regret losing that extra space later as well.

Through google searches I found this subject has been hammered before and I found lots of valuable info.
I hate the fact the SCREW won't fit in a standard size garage, but I'm buying a different house within 2 years anyway, so I'll find a bigger Raptor friendly garage later.

I'm going to stick my original plan and get the SCREW. I like the looks of the SCREW better anyway. Who knows I might buy a cheap Jeep or side by side down the road and tow it to Moab and take that on the trails I can't take the Raptor on. The Raptor should be able to handle most of the scenic trails anyway, just not some of the harder crawling trails. More toys, more fun :)

RayMac1963

Reaction score
I'm a new Raptor owner with and SCREW, but i still have my 2004 SCAB lariat with 180k miles and i put every one on it myself. I can't speak for hard off roading, but if you got to live with it every day as a daily driver, the crew wins.

Last edited: