SCREW v. SCAB: Please give me *your* "legal opinion" on this important case.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are a deal for sure, but IDK about a steal.

What kills me the most is how dealers act like they can't budge off MSRP cause they "aren't making any money" Bull ****** shit you aren't. Even at so call "dealer invoice" they're still making a ton of $.

3 more replies from dealers today, 3 more dealers that think I was born yesterday

I've really got to stop looking at trucks right now til I'm ready to pull the trigger. This shit is driving me nuts

Are you trying to order or buy one off a lot?

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even at so call "dealer invoice" they're still making a ton of $.

How do you figure? Dealer invoice is dealer invoice... a sale at this price only leaves them holdback which isn't much even on a Raptor price tag.

Both

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer my wife's uncle ordered his SCab from and got it for $100 over invoice. I talked to the before and he said he was going to see if he could get an allotment. Its been a couple weeks and haven't heard back from him yet. I think he's been kind of blowing me off because when I originally talked to him I got a price in a SCab with nothing on it. I think they don't want to "waste" an allotment on me. Well now I've changed my mind on what I want. I've decided i want a SCrew w/801a, power moon roof, F&R camera and Blue interior. I think this time they will have no problem ordering that if they can get me an allotment. I'm gonna call in the AM after I get out of work and see what they say and what they will sell that to me for

His difference in commission between a bare-bones and fully loaded Raptor would essentially be pennies... that's not why they're blowing you off.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought dealer holdback on a raptor was 2-3%? Still an easy $1000-$1500 for 15 min of work to write down an order.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ same here. I wasn't sure how to respond without sounding pro-salesman, but skyscraper is definitely correct. Even if you knew the actual order guide option codes, it would take longer than 15 minutes just to submit the order and this is only a small portion of the new vehicle purchase process.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ same here. I wasn't sure how to respond without sounding pro-salesman, but skyscraper is definitely correct. Even if you knew the actual order guide option codes, it would take longer than 15 minutes just to submit the order and this is only a small portion of the new vehicle purchase process.

Fair enough, I more than oversimplified the situation in an effort to make a point. However, if it was not profitable for the dealership they would not be willing to sell a Raptor (or any other vehicle for that matter) at invoice pricing or thereabouts. I guess what I am trying to say is that the dealer considers there to be "enough meat on the bone" for it to be worthwhile.