GEN 2 SCREW owners who do not have the moonroof/sunroof option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HeavyAssault

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...As much as I read the Owner's Manual I didn't think to look for the console in there. Thanks!

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic, but can you tell me more about your radio install int he sunglasses holder?

That is a control head for a Yaesu FT7900R VHF/UHF transceiver. The radio body of the radio is mounted under the back seat.

A few more details on the install here:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1289372/

That all has been changed since, I now use a single radio (Kenwood TS2000X) and control head (Kenwood RC-2000) to do HF/VHF/UHF, and again the radio body is under the seat. The RC-2000 control head will fit in the sunglasses holder, and I had it there for a while, but I like it mounted on the dash better. The Uniden BCD536HP / Android control panel is still mounted the same way.

T!

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2018 F-150 owners manual:

So it looks like the same size / shape / footprint to me, but the none moonroof models do not have the switches for the moonroof, and the sunglasses holder changes shape to allow for those switches.

T!